Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 Valet mode

Alex.S

I’ve searched FordPass owners manual for info about valet mode , no explanation. 

At first I thought valet as in car cleaner but now thinking maybe US meaning ? Park your car for you outside a restaurant. 

Anyone figured out what exactly it does? 

You should find it under Sync settings in your manual. I think it prevents anyone accessing your phone details, contacts etc if you give them your car as per the extract below. Not tried it myself. 

"Valet Mode
Valet mode allows you to lock the system. No information is accessible until the system is unlocked with the correct PIN.
When you select valet mode a pop up appears informing you that a four digit code must be entered to enable and disable valet mode. You can use any PIN you chose but you must use the same PIN to disable valet mode. The system asks you to input the code.
Note:  If the system locks, and you need to reset the PIN, contact an authorized dealer.
To enable valet mode, enter your chosen PIN. The system then asks to confirm your PIN by reentering it. The system then locks.
To unlock the system, enter the same pin number. The system reconnects to your phone and all of your options are available again."

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies. Reason I ask is I’m thinking about maybe getting the car valeted . 
had my nephew wash it a few weeks ago. I unlocked it to get the wing mirrors to unfold , after a few minutes the car locked itself. 
Means I’d need to give the valet guy the key....I’ll be using the valet mode. Clever little feature. 

2 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Thanks for the replies. Reason I ask is I’m thinking about maybe getting the car valeted . 
had my nephew wash it a few weeks ago. I unlocked it to get the wing mirrors to unfold , after a few minutes the car locked itself. 
Means I’d need to give the valet guy the key....I’ll be using the valet mode. Clever little feature. 

If you unlock it and don't open a door then the car will lock itself again after a short time. If you open any door after unlocking then it should not self lock even when you close the door.

I think it is to prevent false unlocks if the keys are in your pocket or young children are playing with the remote. 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club