Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3.5 zetec drl upgrade

g1zm0

Guys got 2015  3.5 zetec with standard  non drl lights , if I were to get a set of lights from any focus with halogen lights and drls  built in , would it be a straight swap and just needs forscan to switch on drl??

Aye, it's a straight swap with a tweak in Forscan. eBay, Facebook and your local breakers are your best bets. Note most headlights on eBay have broken tabs.

Thanks bud. At moment I have the drl indicator plates that  replace the foglight covering.   Might fit them and use them for.a bit . 

I take.it  projector lights and led/hid wont work because.of.wiring  missing on loom ??

2 minutes ago, g1zm0 said:

Thanks bud. At moment I have the drl indicator plates that  replace the foglight covering.   Might fit them and use them for.a bit . 

I take.it  projector lights and led/hid wont work because.of.wiring  missing on loom ??

HID lights fall under the new rules for the MOT so you'll need to swap components and fit levelling sensors, ballasts, washers and the headlights. Unless you can find a donor car it's not worth the cost.

Thats an age old debate, the wording in the UK is in reference to if you have them, they must work. On my old mk2.5 i retrofitted the washers because why not but i didnt bother with the levelling, never had a problem. I also had a chat with the  MOT guy about it and he said its completely unworkable, the guide is not clear, you could for example, rig up a couple of 3mm tube down the side of the car with a squeezy bottle pump inside, job done, washers enabled. you can get cheap ***** leveling from china that will move the lights depending on angle, no its not the fast movement a proper solution would have but that isnt what is asked for, its there and its working, job done. Not to mention many places  have no means of testing these anyway!

that being said, i dont think i would bother, the performance benefit doesn't add up to the cost of even the lights, let alone anything else.

49 minutes ago, Ennvoqation said:

HID lights fall under the new rules for the MOT so you'll need to swap components and fit levelling sensors, ballasts, washers and the headlights. Unless you can find a donor car it's not worth the cost.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club