Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Galaxy Engine Malfunction Injector Problems

Thom74

About 18 months ago I started having an engine malfunction light come on intermittently.  This got more frequent, then when the light came on the car lost power and went in to some sort of safe mode.  Took it to a dealer and they said it was the injectors and replace them... Not cheap.  It was ok for a few more months and then the problem started again...  Now it's losing power again....  Different dealer took a look at it and guess what, they say I need new injectors.  Injectors can't be the root cause of this, it must be something else....  HELP!

• 2 months later...

So I had all these problems. There is an answer but a phone call would be easier 07377397330 I have sorted it but its a good 30 phone call and you need a good understanding of turbos sensors and volts 

• 3 years later...

I have just had a similar experience - the engine warning light on dash went on. Drove it for a while (month) not worrying about it - no issues - but the light stayed on. Eventually took it to a Ford dealership who said their diagnostics indicatded all 4 injectors had problems - and the diesel filter needed changing. (Madly the light wet off that morning). Which cost a small fortune - 15% of value of the car. No explanation as to what caused the problem (4 mechanical parts fail at once after 21k miles!). I made them give me back the old injectors because in the end I wanted to know more / did not believe them. But - can anyone offer the bones of an answer on where to start?  thanks  

actually i just found the answer to my problem on a website - link attached

https://www.pwskipton.co.uk/blog/86/Ford-EcoBlue-Injector-Issue

I can see that my injectors were from Continental - so i am pretty sure this is the problem. What is frustrating is that this is a 'known issue' at Ford (were even some recalls) - but the Ford dealership did not mention this when i asked what the root cause of the problem could be. Which I am now going to ask them about. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JHB said:

actually i just found the answer to my problem on a website - link attached

Thank you for that link. As the owner of a 2019 Focus with a 2.0 Ecoblue engine it is something worth knowing about.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club