Do Not Sell My Personal Information

[MK6 Zetec S]Offside front wheel with negative camber, any ideas?

05 Fiesta Zetec S

Good evening all,

Our little gem has developed a extra few degrees of camber, without being asked too, only offside front.

All looks ok, arms not bent, shock looks straight, nothing obvious anyway but it's quite obvious by eye, so must be a few mm at least.

I'm stumped, are the top mounts known to fail/rot/break apart? or bent shock? Do the bushes hide the damage? any tests?  the spindle is all solid & brittle I would imagine, as it's cast, so no bending there.

unless the chassis is bent but having had the headlight out the other day, nothing obvious on the legs or inner panels.

Any help appreciated, there's still a load of things to fix, already done water pump, pas pump, two rear wheel bearings, exhaust, new headlight, new foglights, new wheels.....crap, getting expensive....

Thanks, Mark.

Probably is the shock, I had a bent one on a Mk6 that was impossible to see by eye.  

Hi Tom,

Ok, so that's a "take it off" job then, fabulous, I'll have a look at the "how too" then!

appreciate the advice 

Thanks, Mark.

Lower Arm/Ball joint ?

Factory ball joint was riveted to the lower arm, but might have been replaced with a "bolt in" ball joint, so could be worth a look.  Any play when jacked  up ?

I'm also running a Mk6 Zetec S and a Fusion so interested in the solution !

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club