Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Low dust brake pads

F0CUE
聽Share

I'm going crazy. Whatever pads they put on the car before I got it are really cheap or is it normal to get heavy brake dust on the bigger engined cars? Also they squeak like hell at times I was going to grease the back plates but thinking of changing to something with less dust as after a wash they are black pretty quick. Is there any pads you would recommend? I know you get ebc greenstuff for a start but if there is any cheaper low dust ones with good stopping power let me know. The rear ones must be better cos the wheels stay clean. Also these alloys are so annoying to clean as they have little groves all the way around 馃槶

I'm going crazy. Whatever pads they put on the car before I got it are really cheap or is it normal to get heavy brake dust on the bigger engined cars? Also they squeak like hell at times I was going to grease the back plates but thinking of changing to something with less dust as after a wash they are black pretty quick. Is there any pads you would recommend? I know you get ebc greenstuff for a start but if there is any cheaper low dust ones with good stopping power let me know. The rear ones must be better cos the wheels stay clean.聽

Brembo pads are decent, got a full set on mine and hardly any dust at all. Have a look on euro car parts, loads of different brands and that鈥檚 where I got the brembos from :)

I鈥檝e been through a full set of eicher pads and they were rubbish and felt really spongy. Pagid are another good one too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

I'm cheating, getting the wheels powder coated black. What you can't see... 馃ぃ

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm cheating, getting the wheels powder coated black. What you can't see... [emoji1787]

LOL! You can get alloy spray that helps prevent dust building up and sticking to the alloys. Don鈥檛 know how good it is though!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The original FoMoCo (Ford Motor Company) brake pads are produced by ATE. The type of ATE brake pads that are factory fitted from the Focus MK3 onward are infamous because of the horrendous amount of brake dust they produce.

Because of the horrendous amount of brake dust I decided to replace聽all brake pads a few Years ago at less than 15.000 Miles. I installed ceramic brake pads (Textar Epad at the front and ATE ceramic at the back). This resulted in approximately 90% less brake dust. With the original brake pads I literally had to clean my wheels every week to prevent excessive brake dust buildding up on the wheels. Now my wheels are still perfectly clean after approximately 2 Months. Another major advantage of the ceramic brake pads is that cleaning the wheels is a lot easier.聽

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

The original FoMoCo (Ford Motor Company) brake pads are produced by ATE. The type of ATE brake pads that are factory fitted from the Focus MK3 onward are infamous because of the horrendous amount of brake dust they produce.

Because of the horrendous amount of brake dust I decided to replace聽all brake pads a few Years ago at less than 15.000 Miles. I installed ceramic brake pads (Textar Epad at the front and ATE ceramic at the back). This resulted in approximately 90% less brake dust. With the original brake pads I literally had to clean my wheels every week to prevent excessive brake dust buildding up on the wheels. Now my wheels are still perfectly clean after approximately 2 Months. Another major advantage of the ceramic brake pads is that cleaning the wheels is a lot easier.聽

Yeh seems ceramic is the way to go. I can't cope I'm so ocd with the cleanliness 馃槀聽and thanks for your input.聽

1 minute ago, F0CUE said:

聽Plz delete this somehow quoted and won't delete聽馃槀

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Monks600 said:

Brembo pads are decent, got a full set on mine and hardly any dust at all. Have a look on euro car parts, loads of different brands and that鈥檚 where I got the brembos from 馃檪

I鈥檝e been through a full set of eicher pads and they were rubbish and felt really spongy. Pagid are another good one too!

Will have a look thanks 馃榿 might have to fork out for ceramics though.聽

11 hours ago, Ennvoqation said:

I'm cheating, getting the wheels powder coated black. What you can't see... 馃ぃ

Brake dust isn't really black though...聽 You should have had them聽done in rusty brown! :laugh:

But on a serious note, spend a couple of hour waxing your wheels once a year and it does make them聽 easier to clean.聽 Just remember not to use an acidic cleaner on them afterwards as it'll strip the wax off!

• Haha 1

I've had EBC Green stuff pads fitted and they were great,聽

They weren't no carbon but they were low carbon, there organic compound creates less carbon deposit, they are better at stopping too.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BigLen said:

I've had EBC Green stuff pads fitted and they were great,聽

They weren't no carbon but they were low carbon, there organic compound creates less carbon deposit, they are better at stopping too.

Why the new name? 馃槀 Considering them TBH.聽

18 hours ago, F0CUE said:

Why the new name? 馃槀 Considering them TBH.聽

long storey,聽

two years ago my email address got hacked and I was locked out of it ever since then; however I was still able to continue logging in to the forum using my phone which remained logged in,聽

last week our eldest dropped her phone down a drain in to water and required a replacement; especially during the current pandemic it is essential for her to maintain communication with her friends, I wasn't currently in a position to replace her phone with something descent quality at present as I'm currently preparing three of them for the next school year which is costing almost 2k. as result I purchased an Alcatel 1 on Tesco mobile and tried to get it unlocked which wasn't a success, so I've reset my Samsung S8 and given it to my daughter as its unlocked, which meant I've also lost my original profile on here of ten years with over 9,000 likes,聽

I'm now using an Alcatel 1 for a few months聽

5 minutes ago, BigLen said:

long storey,聽

two years ago my email address got hacked and I was locked out of it ever since then; however I was still able to continue logging in to the forum using my phone which remained logged in,聽

last week our eldest dropped her phone down a drain in to water and required a replacement; especially during the current pandemic it is essential for her to maintain communication with her friends, I wasn't currently in a position to replace her phone with something descent quality at present as I'm currently preparing three of them for the next school year which is costing almost 2k. as result I purchased an Alcatel 1 on Tesco mobile and tried to get it unlocked which wasn't a success, so I've reset my Samsung S8 and given it to my daughter as its unlocked, which meant I've also lost my original profile on here of ten years with over 9,000 likes,聽

I'm now using an Alcatel 1 for a few months聽

Oh dear not good m8 maybe one of the admins can help out with asking a few questions and reseting for you.聽

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

Oh dear not good m8 maybe one of the admins can help out with asking a few questions and reseting for you.聽

ah its ok, im still lenny just ten years older and a six inches bigger in the waist lol,聽

wife calls be big len too so I'm happy to go with it, if anything im less egotistic now that my profile doesn't display so many likes lol 聽

• Haha 1

On 7/27/2020 at 10:57 PM, Monks600 said:

Brembo pads are decent, got a full set on mine and hardly any dust at all. Have a look on euro car parts, loads of different brands and that鈥檚 where I got the brembos from :)

Brembo pads are really good on low dust but they squeeeeeel!!! Horrible sound, not sure if I'm going to use them again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ned_Mk2_1.8tdci said:

brembo pads are really good on low dust but they squeeeeeel!!! Horrible sound, not sure if I'm going to use them again.

brembo pads are really good on low dust but they squeeeeeel!!! Horrible sound, not sure if I'm going to use them again.

Been through a few sets in off Brembo pads on the st and never had any squealing issues... they only make a weird noise when it鈥檚 been raining and I set off and apply the brakes to scrape the rust off :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club