Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remapper unable to remap car

Swearwolf

2.0tdci, 2007

Had a professional company out to remap, egr delete and carbon clean the car this morning.

After an hour of trying hes knocked the door saying he just can't do it, there's something wrong with the car... it's the first and only car he's not been able to do? He says he sent the report to the engineers to ascertain what's going on, but I'm obviously left here bitterly disappointed...

The car runs and drives mint with no fault codes or issues. Help 😞

Already been mapped and 'locked' by previous mapper...  Probably explains the rubbish fuel economy! 

• Like 1

Already been mapped and 'locked' by previous mapper...  Probably explains the rubbish fuel economy! 

I’ve seen that before too! My friend ended up going back to the dealership to have the ecu flashed back to stock then had to go back to the remap company to then get it mapped. Saying that though, surely the company doing the remap could just flash back to stock...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

ah bummer! second hand ecu it is again LOL this time ill make sure its a standard one

does this look like its been mapped?

pcm.png

Based on this information it is impossible to tell whether the car is remapped or not. The only way to determine whether the car is remapped or not using the ELMconfig program is by reading the PCM software and performing a byte by byte comparison to the original software file.

If the car is remapped the remap will be based on a very old version of the original software.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Swearwolf said:

ah bummer! second hand ecu it is again LOL this time ill make sure its a standard one

If this ones second hand, was it unlocked so you didn't have to mess with the immobiliser?  I'm not sure if that could cause an issue like this.

There's no simple way to tell if it's been mapped unfortunately.  

• Like 1

Which remap company did you use? A decent tuner should be able to flash the car back to stock first if it’s already been remapped before. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JW1982 said:

Based on this information it is impossible to tell whether the car is remapped or not. The only way to determine whether the car is remapped or not using the ELMconfig program is by reading the PCM software and performing a byte by byte comparison to the original software file.

If the car is remapped the remap will be based on a very old version of the original software.

I can’t download the file from the PCM - elmconfig errors out half way or towards the end

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

If this ones second hand, was it unlocked so you didn't have to mess with the immobiliser?  I'm not sure if that could cause an issue like this.

There's no simple way to tell if it's been mapped unfortunately.  

Not sure mate - I plugged it in, did the module initialisation in forscan and it started .. lol

1 hour ago, Hooded said:

Which remap company did you use? A decent tuner should be able to flash the car back to stock first if it’s already been remapped before. 

Local highly recommended guy. I then asked another company explaining the issue and they outright refused to touch my car saying it’s already mapped

removing the DPF is now a MOT failure....

with the tester under proper pressure to check this item...…   some countries have introduced roadside testing

1 hour ago, Botus said:

removing the DPF is now a MOT failure....

with the tester under proper pressure to check this item...…   some countries have introduced roadside testing

havent got a DPF on mine so not worried buddy

clutching at straws here but

the ECU label states

3M51-12A650-AB

but software version states

3M51-12A650-AE

I also have a sticker in the door jamb saying Ford 12A650-AE and a date in 2008 hand written, assuming this means the cars had a ford update at some point? both old and current ECUs are the same AB on sticker and AE on software

any one else any ideas? mapper told me "i cant even connect to ecu" but i can with forscan etc?

Find an experienced expert at remapping Fords. Someone who’s capable of writing their own maps rather than just uploading a generic remap file. 

If it was a BMW I’d recommend Emaps or BW Chiptune to sort this out for you, but I’m not up on the Ford tuning.

• Like 2

As above, it'll need someone that knows what they're doing.  Any idiot can flash maps on, I used to do plenty on EDC15's! :biggrin:

Steve at HDi tuning knows his way around these Siemens ECUs as they're the same as Peugeot ones.  You'd have to post it to him though...  Which may not possible I'd you don't have access to another car.  He used to supply remapped and unlocked ECUs as a postal service which may be a better option but probably not cheap these days!

aye thats true. got a well reputation'd company coming saturday to have a go. guaramteed they can do it so we will see

• 2 weeks later...

update - had the car mapped saturday - he had no issues and now it ***** flies LOL

• Like 5

update - had the car mapped saturday - he had no issues and now it ***** flies LOL

Happy days, nice having a few more stallions under the hood! Have fun mate! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro