Lonedev

Can't get in my car... PUZZLE.

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Some people get all the luck! :wink: 

You only need a 10mm spanner to swap a Mk7 battery iirc.  Lucky it's not a Focus as you have to dismantle half the engine bay for those. :rolleyes: 

Never understood ford's logic with those, battery is placed in the most ridiculous place & as you say you've gotta then take a load of stuff off to get it out. Madness.

On 7/31/2020 at 11:41 AM, nicam49 said:

Well, for starters, what if you have a puncture and can't undo the wheel nuts because they've been tightened with a windy gun? 

Had this scenario yrs ago and invested in a Torque wrench. No issues since ( Touch wood) 👍

I bought myself socket wrench, no fancy torque stuff. Should do the job though! It seems the worst case scenario I'll need to pop out an air filter too which is a torx T25 or something. Whatever it was I have the bit here to take it out.  I couldn't find a readily available service manual for the car, I ended up plucking a low view count Youtube video from the ether to find exactly what I needed.  Meanwhile the car battery is coming via Yodel.  I best pray to the car gods that it actually makes it here, and in once piece.