Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 estate: how many "loadspace floor supports" should I have?

Pateksan

I'm getting to know my new (new-to-me 1yo) company mk4 estate, and I'm trying to figure out how many "loadspace floor supports" I should have. I only have one (photo below) - is this right?

The link below is to the page in the manual that deals with it. One of the steps for "Increasing the Loadspace Height" is "Remove any additional loadspace floor supports." - but I only have one.

There are lots of drawings on that page of the manual, but neither the pictures nor the text indicates how many there should be.

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Content?bookCode=O108465&countryCode=USA&languageCode=en&marketCode=US&viewTech=IE&chapterTitleSelected=G1930120&subTitleSelected=G1956303&topicHRef=G1956304&div=f&variantid=6888&vFilteringEnabled=False&userMarket=GBR

Has anyone on here looked under the floor of a brand new mk4 estate? Or does Ford's website say anywhere how many are normally provided?

It seems like two would be more appropriate but it's not really obvious.

IMG_20200730_201850330.jpg

Well...I have a MK4 estate (August 2019) and it doesn't have any supports, but I do have the higher floor that sits on the side rails, when I lift it up, there is no support underneath.

Interesting, did you buy new? It sounds like you definitely have not been given the right number, whatever the right number is!

Not new for me, I picked it up a couple of weeks ago, she's 11 months old. There isn't one divider at all, I've got like a hinged shelf that sits above where you have the split space. 

I see. Is that folding shelf is the same as what the manual linked above calls the "loadspace floor"? If that's the case then at least that bit matches.

Pateksan, I've just looked at my Mk4 Titanium Estate (bought new Sep 2019) and it is exactly the same as yours.  Just the one support which is located where the loadspace floor is hinged.  I'd never noticed the other identical but vacant slot until you mentioned it.  That's located at the other point where the floor is hinged so you'd think there should be a support there too.  Maybe it's just an option to locate the support to suit the load - or more likely a cost-cutting exercise!  However I have carried heavy loads in the boot - including paving slabs! - and the floor has stayed firm and in shape so one support seems enough.

I assume you have taken the hinging floor cover out in that photo?  Mine  (Sept 2019, but I have only had it a few weeks) is the same except that the area between the support and the seats has a foam insert to hold the B&O sound system box and wheel changing tools so no real option to lower the boot floor.  The spare wheel and other B&O bits are under the rear part of the boot space but lower down under another mat.

I was wondering about the load capacity given there is a void under most of the boot floor and it is only supported at a couple of points, but sounds like it is pretty strong.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club