Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Production Date Pushed Back

fordpartsman

I have just had the dreaded phone call, my car was due to be built on friday(16th) but has been pushed back to 12th May.

has anyone else had this happen????

I have just had the dreaded phone call, my car was due to be built on friday(16th) but has been pushed back to 12th May.

How do you find this out?

I have one on order and the garage tells me they only have a delivery date (16th April - Hope mine doesn't get pushed out too).

I have mentioned that people on forums have build dates, and they say that they cannot get that information.

i work for a ford main dealer and they check it on VISTA, dont ask me what they need becuase i havent got a clue. technically its not a build date it called "gate release" but generally they are released the same day they are built

Probably due to Easter.

As for "has anyone else experienced build date delays" - that'll be 80% of this forum!!!

Your dealer can tell you 2 dates.

1 the estimated Production Date

2 The ETA to dealer week ending date

When we order cars these dates are put on Vista for us. We have not experienced any delays so far. What Extras did you put on the car

Your dealer can tell you 2 dates.

1 the estimated Production Date

2 The ETA to dealer week ending date

When we order cars these dates are put on Vista for us. We have not experienced any delays so far. What Extras did you put on the car

full black leather

street pack

city pack

bluetooth, usb and vc

spare wheel

auto headlamps and wipers

Mine is just a 10.5MY Titanium with Ink Blue paint - no extras (only wanted USB which the 10.5MY has as standard)

Have asked the dealer to supply the Vista details...

I think it was the dealer ETA that is this week... so could be any day now if it has not been delayed.

The more extras you put on the car the higher the chance of it to be delayed unfortunatly, The dealer can speak to Ford Ordering though and ask what has delayed the build. If its something small they could let you know or if its because they have a back order on leather for example they will have to wait till it in stock. 2 Months ago Ford ran out of standard radios for the Ford Focus (I could not beleave it myself) To try sort out the problem they built some Focus with a SONY Radio free of charge to help with builds until the standard radios came into stock

Hmmm my fiesta titanium 1.6VCT with dress pack and tech pack is due to be delivered on the 24th and still haven't heard from my dealer yet. All they told me was that some cars had been delayed from march and he would look into it let me know by the weekend (last weekend that was), i've still heard nothing so i think i'd better phone tomorrow. My dealer has been terrible....

Mine is just a 10.5MY Titanium with Ink Blue paint - no extras (only wanted USB which the 10.5MY has as standard)

Have asked the dealer to supply the Vista details...

I think it was the dealer ETA that is this week... so could be any day now if it has not been delayed.

Just been informed of the "delay" by my dealer this morning.

"build has been pushed back (yours is not the only one, and all are Fiesta).

site delivery: 29/05/2010

build date: 12/05/2010. "

This may put me outside the scrappage window, which means I have to find another £2000 :-(... or cancel the order.

Just been informed of the "delay" by my dealer this morning.

"build has been pushed back (yours is not the only one, and all are Fiesta).

site delivery: 29/05/2010

build date: 12/05/2010. "

This may put me outside the scrappage window, which means I have to find another £2000 :-(... or cancel the order.

our cars look to be being built on the same day!!! wonder whos will be first???

our cars look to be being built on the same day!!! wonder whos will be first???

Is it the actual build date, or the ship date from the factory? I expect there's only one ship a week or something.

Mine is from GK in Chesterfield (via dealdrivers).

It's a long drive from near Portsmouth... but it was the only place I could find doing a scrappage deal on the 10.5MY models... which may now be unimportant!

My local Hendy said it wasn't possible.

I have had a Standard red fiesta Zetec S TDCi on order since February 1st and they apparently still cant give me any clue on when it may arrive.

Only extra's are the bluetooth +USB etc.

My local Hendy said they couldn't be bothered.

Edited for corrections there. Hendy are a bunch of clowns for the most part.

My local Hendy said they couldn't be bothered.

:-)

I've heard that in this forum (and elsewhere)... but I work just about opposite their site... so they are very local!

They looked after me pretty well when I was doing test drives, and choosing specs etc.... just couldn't deliver the deal I was after. I haven't had any other dealings with them (yet).

Is it the actual build date, or the ship date from the factory? I expect there's only one ship a week or something.

I've just been told the delay is due to strike action... either within the Ford factory, logistics, or one of their suppliers.

Something about only working one week in April.

Grgghhhh!

(I will still get scrappage deal though.. provided build is complete by mid June)

I've just been told the delay is due to strike action... either within the Ford factory, logistics, or one of their suppliers.

Something about only working one week in April.

Grgghhhh!

(I will still get scrappage deal though.. provided build is complete by mid June)

I just got a call today from my dealer that my car has been built and is in Cologne and waiting to be shipped over so i should get it within 2 weeks-ish.

I have ordered a 1.6VCT titanium in sea grey with X pack and full dress up kit so i wonder why my date wasn't pushed back (is it because it was a different model from yours or because it was built in cologne). I think it was built in Cologne as that is where the dealer said my car was, does anyone know how i can tell where and when it was built??

found out today that the car now has a dealer ETA of june 5th, so should be in it on june 8th if all goes well, then it off to be paint protected the following day , then down to cornwall the day after. should be an interesting first run

I ordered middle Feb and was told 6-8 weeks, latest is middle May for delivery. No reason given, the new date is apparently based on an out of factory date so hopefully that should pan out okay otherwise the toys are coming out of the cot!

I will certainly agree with you on that one silver fox! Hendy were dreadful - from the very first day of ordering to the (much-delayed) date of delivery.

Was fobbed-off, lied to & ignored from the outset by Hendys.

I wouldn't use them again if they were the only new car dealer left in Britain after a nuclear holocaust!

Just been called today and mine is getting delivered to work on Tuesday. Could have been Friday or Monday but I am on holiday.

It will have been exactly 12 weeks since ordering.

funnily enough, my dealer eta is 12 weeks to the day from order

Hmm.. should I be worried that when I ordered on Saturday, the dealer told me that it should be delivered May. This was coming from his Sales Manager, and when he told me he did sound slightly suprised shall we say?!

Am I being fobbed off here?!

what dealership was it?

and there may be one in group stock, or that has been ordered previously for stock

Allen Ford in Swindon.. nothing 'in stock', its a factory build. He showed me the list of what I could have from stock and none were white or with the options I wanted.