Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Early Mk3 Focus Badge Dimension

Octav

Hi,

I have been looking around the internet for the last weeks trying to figure out the dimensions of mk3 Badges, My car has an aftermarket badge wich is smaller than the original, i wanna replace it. But i dont know what size is should purchase. Is anyone around kind enough to take measurement of their mk3 badges? Also lets make a list of dimensions, as mk3 has very poorly built badges that flake really easy. My vehicle is a 2012 Mk3 Focus Touriner. Is there a diffrence between the hatchback version and my version regarding the size of the rear badge? Thank you!!!

DMB are the goto people for quality badges...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I ve got a Chinese one, but it is not as the original one, it looks good from far away and it was only 3USD. Thanks

Just bought an immaculate 2013=Red Focus 1.0 Echoboost 43k miles,been garaged all it’s life, alloys not a scratch.

A few strange things though, no Auto light which I’m following your discussion on.

I thought it was a legal requirement from 2010?, my daughters older Clio 2010 even has this.

so I’m looking to add this.

Also the rear Ford badge has pitted,disintegrated badly, front is brand new,weird?

Any help appreciated.

PS anyone know price to change timing belt?

due May 2023

regards

Paul

2 minutes ago, Paul Cunningham said:

A few strange things though, no Auto light which I’m following your discussion on.

I thought it was a legal requirement from 2010?, my daughters older Clio 2010 even has this.

No? Auto lights have never been a requirement.

Daytime running lights (DRL's) became a requirement around 2010/2011, but that was only for new models released after that date.

IIRC you have to change the windscreen to accommodate the auto light sensor if you wish to retrofit the option. You also have to hope the relevant wiring loom is stashed in the headliner plus some programming through the obd port with Forscan.

7 minutes ago, Paul Cunningham said:

anyone know price to change timing belt?

An arm and a leg on the 1.0L ecoboost unfortunately. It was almost designed to last the life of the engine (the 1.0L is considered a bit of a 'throwaway engine). It is a very time consuming job to change (Ford give 8 hours to do it), and also requires some expensive tools for cam locking etc. Most independent garages won't touch it, unless they've done a few and invested in the tooling.

Oh well, good to know thanks, hopefully my new car will arrive in October and I can let the Focus go.

Belt to be changed at 10 yrs so that’s May 2023.

Great next car for someone ,the Focus feels a very heavy car to drive, nearly 2 Tonnes.

The echoboost maybe best suited to the lighter Fiesta though.

cheers.

On 8/2/2020 at 5:30 PM, StephenFord said:

DMB are the goto people for quality badges...

If anyones interested, Ford are selling the badge for £26, it’s a really thin tin like badge.

looks good, but still overly expensive for what you get.

Ford are giving you £10 off if you spend over £50.

Code FORD10.

As well as reducing Ford Accessories,so 40% off Ford Focus ST mate, they were a perfect fit.

The badge really needs a clear plastic protective cover IMHO.

Just a thin sticker to adhere the badge!

Can understand why the last one disintegrated !

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club