Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 SMax StopStart battery status problem

HiZ

Hi

I’m new here and would like some help please. I have a newer 2017 SMax which is great - except the auto stop start isn’t currently working. The dash menu tells me “Vehicle Running due to battery charging” whilst also showing the greyed out stop start icon.

Been to a dealer who did the recall on the battery monitor cable loom. They’ve since tested the battery which was Ok and done checks and confirm there is no issue with the vehicle except I’m not driving enough (which is a fair comment). However, after driving it away from the garage it still didn’t work even when they said it had been charged 🤔

I've charged the battery myself today with a smart AGM tester and it was full within 30mins.  The dash is still saying ... charging! I suspect the alternator, charging system and battery is ok but perhaps the battery monitor is faulty or needs calibration.  I’ve checked their new loom modification and it’s fuse and all feels ok.

Any ideas please!

I had the same issue with mine recently. A drive from moray down to fife cured it, approx. 160 miles in total. The start/stop started working as should, think the car just wants a good charge from itself and not an outside source. The system even started working as early as Dundee. 

35 minutes ago, Meta55 said:

I had the same issue with mine recently. A drive from moray down to fife cured it, approx. 160 miles in total. The start/stop started working as should, think the car just wants a good charge from itself and not an outside source. The system even started working as early as Dundee. 

Interesting thanks. I too did long drives last week ~280miles, twice, and it still wasn’t happy! Because of that is why I took it back in, thinking the recall works had caused a problem.

On 8/2/2020 at 10:35 PM, HiZ said:

Interesting thanks. I too did long drives last week ~280miles, twice, and it still wasn’t happy! Because of that is why I took it back in, thinking the recall works had caused a problem.

Hopefully it’s just a battery monitor reset. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club