Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluefin superchips // ECU UNLOCK ?

Jack G

Hello ! I’m wanna get my TXS 2.2 200bhp mapped by superchips but I have heard that the ECU on these cars are locked ? Is this correct and how do I go about it ? 

aslo dose it transform the car ? What are people thoughts on there maps ?

44F6E5FC-C722-4AE3-BF07-94750C58655C.png

I am not aware the ecu is locked on your veh but I don't do diesel!!

Superchips were "taken over" during the Covid Lockdown.

I am pretty sure you can still purchase a Handheld Blufin to upgrade youself via obd port

The office was at Milton Keynes but it is now here, Superchips, 30 Clarendon Rd, Watford, Herts, WD17 1JJ

You can contact them here https://www.superchips.co.uk/Contact

Also, if you google Superchips it will offer you other links and guidance as to what is available for your vehicle and details of new team

https://talkford.com/community/topic/395651-bluefin-gone-into-administration/?hl=superchips#entry3149333

I think it was the earlier cars that had to have the ECU removed to be reprogrammed, not sure if that is still the case for them.

For yours, you should be able to get a Bluefin stil. Have a look on their website. My friend has it on his 2012 TXS. I am tempted but still undecided.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/3/2020 at 11:20 PM, Frembrit said:

I think it was the earlier cars that had to have the ECU removed to be reprogrammed, not sure if that is still the case for them.

For yours, you should be able to get a Bluefin stil. Have a look on their website. My friend has it on his 2012 TXS. I am tempted but still undecided.

I can't imagine how crazy a remapped 2.2 TDCi (facelift) would feel like, from the factory it already generates a LOT of torque.

• Like 1

Ha, I just messaged my mate about getting bluefin...will have to see as I just spent £1000+ on tyres, car insurance and bike insurance.

The torque is very addictive 420Nm standard to 505 with Bluefin. Only had 230Nm in my old ST24.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club