Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync this sync that lol help me out

Tozzza

hi all i have a mk7.5 13 plate fiesta zetec s 1.0ecoboost.

I have ff sat nav  and the dab radio. All these were in the car when i got it . The sat nav still finks its in Peterborough  or somwhere lol  so everytime i want to use it , it acting as if im in Peterborough  and it always says at bottom of screen  no gps.

Do i have sync 1  or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 n6789 lol. And it always says sync can not detect any usb devices  please help me out guys  thank you all in advance.

I believe you have sync 1, it sounds like the gps wire has disconnected or something is wrong with the infotainment system. It's a biggish job pulling out enough trim to get to that stuff so I'd only try to fix it yourself if you felt up to it. It would possibly be expensive too getting it fixed because of all the mechanics time removing and readding trim. I just use google maps or waze on my phone with a phone holder. It's better than any ford satnav so I'd go that route if I were you rather than bother trying to fix it. 

• Thanks 1

Check the GPS wire and antenna as stated above.

5 hours ago, Tozzza said:

And it always says sync can not detect any usb devices

I'm sure we're getting half a story here. What are you trying to do for it to come up with that message. I'm sure it doesn't come up randomly whilst you're driving...

• Thanks 1

Hi all thanks for replying.  I,m trying to play music from an sd card but even tho its lighting up it keeps saying no usb device detected.  I put up a pic to show u . Tia x

15966113432931080491748531769624.jpg

15966113914124530597331695448214.jpg

I use a memory stick and it works perfectly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think you'll probably need to copy the SD card onto a pen drive instead.  It's probably confused by the SD card in a USB adapter.

(PS - Get the hoover in that cubby haha! :tongue: )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Does it have to be formatted in a certain way for Sync to recognise it. Maybe NTFS not Fat32 or the other way around?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I think you'll probably need to copy the SD card onto a pen drive instead.  It's probably confused by the SD card in a USB adapter.

I've had no problems with using just a USB stick in 2 Mk 7 Fiestas and my current Mk 8. The system may not "like" your SD adaptor as Tom suggests. I've had other cars that didn't like the USB stick but were fine with an SD card, so have my music copied onto one of each to use whichever the car prefers!😃

• Thanks 1

Thank you all 

But ive tried both and it still says same thing this is a pic of my usb sticks. It worked a couple of weeks ago cos iv used both . Tia.x

15966186825396829825503264300414.jpg

1 hour ago, Mavroz said:

Does it have to be formatted in a certain way for Sync to recognise it. Maybe NTFS not Fat32 or the other way around?

Mines formatted to FAT32 and it works.

The Ford app manual only says that vehicles without sync cannot use ntfs.

Vehicles with sync 2.5 onwards can  use any file system, ntfs, Fat32, hfs+ blah blah.

Both my memory sticks are Kingston 64gb and both worked fine for playing music in my last 17plate mk7.5 and both mk8's.

You didn't say at first that it all worked fine a couple of weeks ago. If it worked then and it doesn't now, it cannot be the memory cards or adapters, something has either failed or a setting has been changed.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2020 at 10:12 AM, Tozzza said:

It worked a couple of weeks ago cos iv used both .

Unlike some manufacturers, Ford don't seem to provide a cover for the USB port, so, as Tom mentions, unless you keep a stick in the port all the time there's a possibility of dirt/dust getting in there. Might be worth using a vacuum to suck anything out and putting the stick in/out a few times to try and restore contact.

As Martin mentions earlier, if things have only recently stopped working, something must have changed. Might be helpful if you could run through the full history, e.g. how long have you had the car, did everything work when you got it, what stopped working and when, if you raised any problems with the seller and if so, action taken etc.

Might help one of our sync experts to come up with a diagnosis. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club