Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windscreen Wash Issues

jassingh

Hi guys, 

Been having some issues trying to wash the windscreen on my 67' Fiesta. Essentially pulling the right-side stalk towards me does not seem to release any screen-wash at all but I can hear the motors and the wipers are working fine. I thought maybe the level of liquid in the reservior was low so I topped that up and gave it another go but still the same. 

I now think there is some sort of blockage somewhere in the hoses/spray heads and not sure what to do? Is this a common problem and what would be the best way to fix it?

I was also told that perhaps there is a filter which is blocked up maybe with dirt and sediment over time. 

Anyone dealt with this problem before and have any solutions that I could try? 

Cheers
Jas

Follow the pipe to the washer jets disconnect it , try the switch again and if water comes out the pipe the washer jets are blocked , if no water comes our the pipe pull the motor from the bottle as it’s prob blocked there 

• Like 1

Thanks @Gaz0000000 I can see that the water trickles down slowly even after having tried the switch and then opening the bonnet, I did see some residual water run onto the windscreen and that was about it. 

Having the same problem on the windscreen and the rear window too. Wipers are working fine.
Possibly I will need to do what you suggested and follow the pipes around the motor and water tank.

• 2 weeks later...

Got this sorted today from the TrustFord dealership - turns out there was a kink in one of the hoses that stopped the water making its way to the washer jets.

• Like 1

Did they charge for that? How much? 

This raises the question of how did the hose become kinked.

21 hours ago, isetta said:

Did they charge for that? How much? 

Nothing, the vehicle is still under the warranty

6 hours ago, Bobr said:

This raises the question of how did the hose become kinked.

I have no idea to be honest, just going off what they told me after the service was complete. Glad to have this working again!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club