Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK7 2009 Automatic lights question

krzysek1989-20

Helllo

Is there a way to change automatic lights,  which turn on  by night( knob is set on auto) to start automatically by day after engine is on??

ReProgramming with a help of some program?

No you'd have to either cover the sensor to make it think it's dark outside or link out the wires on the connector.

I'm not sure why you'd want to drive around during the day with your dipped beam on though :confused1:

Beacuse i have too:) Law is to have lights on all day

Oh okay. Then yes I'd probably link out the connector on the auto light sensor at the top of the windscreen. Should save you having to pull the sensor off the screen to cover it with black tape.

im gonna try it, though i dont like how the wipers works with the sensor. I liked it manually.

Is there any video of , how to plug it off? Like to see everything before i do anything in the car.

You can turn the lights on manually, there are three positions on the switch, 1-sidelights 2-headlights 3 auto lights. I know what you mean about the auto wipers though, I unplugged the sensor behind the mirror hoping to get a manual intermittent wiper but what happened was a warning in the display and the wipers did work at a fast intermittent speed that could not be adjusted.   

Don't the lights turn off with the ignition on the Mk7 in the On position? 

I usually leave mine in Auto so forget to switch them off on the rare occasion I manually switch them on (fog/mist)...however they switch off with the ignition anyway and then switch on again next start.  So I look a bit of a wally driving around with lights on in broad daylight for the next week but it doesn't drain the battery. :laugh: 

6 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Don't the lights turn off with the ignition on the Mk7 in the On position? 

I usually leave mine in Auto so forget to switch them off on the rare occasion I manually switch them on (fog/mist)...however they switch off with the ignition anyway and then switch on again next start.  So I look a bit of a wally driving around with lights on in broad daylight for the next week but it doesn't drain the battery. :laugh: 

I thought mine used to turn off with ignition, however you still got the beeping sound when you open the door so something must still be live.

9 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

I thought mine used to turn off with ignition, however you still got the beeping sound when you open the door so something must still be live.

Ah, maybe the side lights stay on on the Fiesta then.  There's no audible warning on mine otherwise I'd notice...hopefully! :unsure: 

ok i turned that ***** off:) But the problem is - error about wipers and light show every time. Same time whipers without sensor doesnt have enough speed mode when to switch them.

Kinda sucks. Any way with help a computer  to disable information about lights and to  switch wipers to works fully  but with no sensor ??.

On 8/7/2020 at 8:05 PM, krzysek1989-20 said:

Helllo

Is there a way to change automatic lights,  which turn on  by night( knob is set on auto) to start automatically by day after engine is on??

ReProgramming with a help of some program?

I believe you can configure the lights as daytime running lights using forscan.

This should keep dipped beam and rear tail lights on in the day then normal lights at night (I believe number plate lights aren't on in DRL mode)

Standard elm327 interface for programming light with fiesta would be ok or thers a need to buy with HS CAN MS CAN ??

On 8/10/2020 at 9:54 AM, krzysek1989-20 said:

Standard elm327 interface for programming light with fiesta would be ok or thers a need to buy with HS CAN MS CAN ??

I would get the modified ELM327, yes, so you can switch CAN modes

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club