Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Pass App - Remote start not working (Mk4).

Had my car for a few months now (2020 reg) and can get un/locking to work from the Ford Pass App but not remote start? I have an auto and have remote start turned on in the settings of the car. Fully charged the battery (ctek) and still doesn't work. Am I missing something here?

Any help? (You need to hold the button for about 5 seconds)

Are you trying it at home? If so it should work. I downloaded the *pro* version of the app. You keep your finger on the start button and a blue outline starts to run around the outside of the button. One it completes the circle it'll send the message to start the car.

I looked into it when i got mine, it will only work if the car has wi-fi access, either via the wi-fi from the house or via the in built modem. I'm too tight to pay for a vodafone contract just for the car so it only works when the car is at the house.

• Like 1

Thought Pro was for commercial vehicles? I've tried at home but WiFi is a bit sketchy outside the house. I'm at a relatives house and just connected to their WiFi which has a strong signal. Still no joy!?

Problem solved. Went through the chat system and Kate told me to uninstall and reinstall the App. Here we go - I thought. To my chagrin it  now works!!!!!!!! Happy days!!!!

34 minutes ago, Nard said:

Problem solved. Went through the chat system and Kate told me to uninstall and reinstall the App. Here we go - I thought. To my chagrin it  now works!!!!!!!! Happy days!!!!

Aahhh, the old MicroSoft strategy for world domination - turn off, then on for a re-boot, if that fails, do a clean install LOL 🤣

5 hours ago, Frowma said:

it will only work if the car has wi-fi access

I take it you have tried remote start whilst not at home? Lot of people don’t have wifi outside there house/flat. I thought the built in modem would work for that without wifi in car or outside house...

I could believe it takes a tiny bit of data from the mobile phone. 

I’ve showed it off at my bros house. It worked. My phone would link to his house wifi but I’ve never put his wifi code into the car modem, for it to connect. . 

16 minutes ago, Nard said:

Haven't tried it away from WiFi yet.

The wifi theory is a red herring. IMO

The manual will know..

5 hours ago, Nard said:

Thought Pro was for commercial vehicles? I've tried at home but WiFi is a bit sketchy outside the house. I'm at a relatives house and just connected to their WiFi which has a strong signal. Still no joy!?

Didn’t realise there was a pro version - I logged in and it seems to all work, I like how it has a lock status too where as the normal one won’t tell you if the cars locked or unlocked (that I can see)

1 hour ago, Nard said:

Haven't tried it away from WiFi yet.

I've used it a few times out in the open on 3G and 4G while walking back to the car to activate the air con. It seems to take a few seconds longer than when I'm at home on wifi but still works.

I believe the Pro version is for cars with the modem built in, well I read that in the info in the Google play store and downloaded that instead!

From the play store...

PLEASE NOTE: FordPass Pro is designed to work exclusively with vehicles fitted with the FordPass Connect modem.

I don't think any of the remote functionality will work unless the car has a wi-fi signal from somewhere (either the built in modem or from a normal wi-fi hotspot).

I think the modem works for live traffic , remote start and alerts without wifi from your house or wifi supplied by the Vodafone deal. 🤔 

the Vodafone (100gb for £100?) sets up a wifi hotspot, I believe the modem functions without that. Waste of money too as we all have data on our phones these days. 

I think All new Fords have modems built in. Pro FordPass will be for company fleets 

I agree with Alex in that the built in modem is required for Live Traffic and the remote features, lock and unlock doors and remote start etc and does not require WiFi for functionality.

Although you do need to make sure you have the following enabled as shown in the attached photo.

I have just downloaded FordPass Pro and it appears works fine.

It shows me oil life and confirms if the vehicle is locked/unlocked which is a very useful feature. My Standard FordPass App does not show me my oil life.

D25BEBAC-3599-47B9-975F-01D701D7F607.jpeg

Look after up to five business vehicles, with tools to help you keep them healthy, secure and running smoothly. So you can focus on the work.

that’s what FordPass pro does...

1 minute ago, Alex.S said:

Look after up to five business vehicles, with tools to help you keep them healthy, secure and running smoothly. So you can focus on the work.

that’s what FordPass pro does...

Yep seen that but I assume that doesn’t mean you can’t use it for our vehicles. 👍😊

The locate your car option on the app may well need data on your phone but shows the car modem is giving off a signal no matter where it is. 

Not sure what the advantages would be....but if it’s giving you oil life etc that you’re not getting on the normal app then fair enough. 

I think I’ve got all features already. 

2F0495FC-14DC-4D09-8AD9-111A49D84A55.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

The locate your car option on the app may well need data on your phone but shows the car modem is giving off a signal no matter where it is. 

Yes agreed, when my dealer collected my vehicle recently I was able to track its progress. Both during the outward journey and on its return using the FordPass App on my phone at home.
Cool feature and I could see that he didn’t take any unexpected detours. 😉

2 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Not sure what the advantages would be....but if it’s giving you oil life etc that you’re not getting on the normal app then fair enough. 

I think I’ve got all features already. 

Confirmation of locking of the car is very useful in my opinion.

If you leave the car and then realise that you may have forgot to lock it you can check instantly wherever you are to get confirmation.

My standard FordPass App doesn’t give me that confirmation.

Has anybody else have problems with the ford pass app not showing the oil life mine doesn’t and had a built in modem the pro version only shows the % and not service due date or estimated mileage 

Yes, I’m on Android and my FordPass app doesn’t show me oil life.

Although it has shown oil life on previous App versions.

As you say the pro version does show oil life % but no service due date or estimated mileage.

Are you on Android or iOS as I believe iOS users appears to be ok.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club