Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 focus misfiring

Goodare187

hi

I had an issue the other night woth my focus it stated as juddering on the way to work then on the way home the car wouldn't pull normally and it has got progressively worse today revs fluctuating loss of power in high gears so I bought a coil.pack fitted it and now it still has problems with the idle revs first of between 600 and 800, i fiddled with the plugs and that seems to change and settled at 800.

Now it jumps between 800 and and under 1000rpm and seting off its fluctuating with the clutch pressed down.

So I've tried most engin running turn alm the electrics on high beam.heated windows etc and the revs don't go up or engine doesn't cut out.

So I tried running the engine and takin the ht leads out 1 by 1 and the engine only cut out on no1 and no4. So does this mean I need new pugs for the other two or are the cylinders ruined

Thanks

Hi im guessing it's a 1.6 petrol ? 

The root cause is rain water leaking in through the windscreen washer jet seals 

Which is then getting inside the ignition leads in to the engine decaying from the inside out,

Very common issue, people apply bathroom silicone to the underside of the washer jets inside the bonnet as well as fitting a 1.6 Volvo engine cover to prevent any further water getting in there. 

These engine cover kits are available on eBay

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BigLen said:

Hi im guessing it's a 1.6 petrol ? 

The root cause is rain water leaking in through the windscreen washer jet seals 

Which is then getting inside the ignition leads in to the engine decaying from the inside out,

Very common issue, people apply bathroom silicone to the underside of the washer jets inside the bonnet as well as fitting a 1.6 Volvo engine cover to prevent any further water getting in there. 

These engine cover kits are available on eBay

yeah 1.6 common then 🙈🤣🤣

Oh great so should I just put new plugs in and silicone the jets?

So i changed all the plugs I've changed the coil pack and still the same jumping between 800 and 1000 and settling around 800 should i try new leads

Disconnect the minus battery lead for about 10 minutes then put back and start the car and let it idle for a bit then take it for a run and let the ecu learn the new values. Also check the crank case breather pipe just above the throttle body beside the alternator they tend to swell up and tear at the bend due to the heat coming from the alternator and can cause kangarooing. 

15 hours ago, Goodare187 said:

So i changed all the plugs I've changed the coil pack and still the same jumping between 800 and 1000 and settling around 800 should i try new leads

Yes, change the leads

OK well thats the next one I did the battery thing took out all the plugs just in case and put everythin back and it sorted out for about 5 mins sat on the drive and now just idling above 800 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club