Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 Update - 0MB Download

lordjeffers
聽Share

Hi All,

This is my first post and I apologise if its something that's been asked and answered many times - I promise I have trawled the forums/internet for an answer before writing this 馃檪

So I got myself a 2017 Fiesta 1.0 Titanium the week before lockdown and it's mostly been sitting on the drive since then...

When I got it I did an update of Sync 3 via USB following Ford's instructions, including the final step to upload the log file, but when I check now it says that an update is available, and also a maps update after SYNC has been updated.聽 But, when I go to download the update, it says聽A software update is available. Approx. 0MB.聽聽I'm sure I remember the update being a few GB last time.聽 When I do download the file, it is called聽SYNC3_87_Update.zip聽which just contains an autoinstall.lst file and that's all.聽 聽The content of autoinstall.lst is聽; SYNC3 Consumer Application Upgrade - Release 3.0.21 - Only for Nav/EU assemblies.

I have also tried searching for updates over WiFi but this just searches forever without returning anything - I read that this is a known issue in the UK

So... is it the update system that's a bit pants and there is actually no update for me.聽 Or is something screwed up when I search my VIN?聽 Or am I doing something wrong?

According to my SYNC display, my current version is:

SYNC 3, software version:3.0

Build 19205_PRODUCT

Gracenote version 1.1.1.1127 (EU-0010)

Nav maps version F6.1

Any help / advice much appreciated!

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi

Did you manage to resolve this issue as I've just had the same thing happen?

TIA for any assistance you can give.

BR

58 minutes ago, Dogman172 said:

Hi

Did you manage to resolve this issue as I've just had the same thing happen?

TIA for any assistance you can give.

BR

Sync 3聽 updates are very hit and miss - just wait for the next update and try again聽 - leave the usb stick in the car even if you turn it off it will continue next time you start.

Mines be stuck with a reported 0mb map download for a while, even after installing the same thing聽a couple of times.

Me too. It was very challenging to migrate from 2.4 to 3.0 and this is just insulting having wasted so much time. Nobody has an answer, either.

Some suggest that it is just the time needed for Ford to recognise the log file, "a few minutes" meaning in reality, an indefinite wait.

It would be nice if somebody knowledgeable in these matters could confirm or deny this as being in this situation without a way forward (get a map!) is most unsatisfactory.

You could always book the car into a Ford dealership and let them do it...

Wouldn't it be reallly good if, once the update had successfully been completed, the UI reported that maps would become available at the next scheduled release for.your.car. please check back later, rather than offering a partial install file with no setup data.

48 hours from the last xml file upload and nothing doing. 0MB download waiting.

I shall give it three weeks then I shall use the聽 downloaded map set and blow the licence. If Cyanlabs will update to a later version, they will be able to do it again.

Connected the car via wifi and checked fo updates. Car responded that I had checked for updates so the car knows it is up to date. The log file knows it is up to date and the website confirms the update. Problem lies within the monolith.

Same thing here with my wifes 2017 Fiesta. Slowly been applying the updates but finally keep getting stuck at the exact same point as you. The update prior didn't generate an xml file when complete but I've used the troubleshooting Interrogator zip file to get the xml to upload it, however stuck with the 0mb download聽which only includes the聽autoinstall.lst file.

It appears to me that the autoinstall file is generated automatically once the log file goes in and should then be populated with the folder of files for the car. This bit is not happening so the file contains only the header.

It interests me that if one updates and does not get the log file, then uses the interrogator to provide it, you do not get the full install file

聽I wonder if the log file聽 shows that an incomplete package ( that is, one without the log file generating file) was loaded so the system cannot proceed. It is necessary to find out if anybody got the log file first go and whether they then got a 0MB update in order to deny this theory.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone who's been having these issues got any further with the updates? I'm still getting a 0MB update on the website even though Sync 3 is still only v3.0 which means the maps option can't be updated.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

I chickened out and went to Cyanlabs. Took all day to download the files which the system checked very thoroughly for integrity as it went. Provided an error so joined the Cyanlabs community where the problems were sorted out in half an hour.(Failed to add the repartitioning file and warned me when putting the stick into the car immediately. ) Forty five minutes later I had v3.4 20196 and September 2020 F9 maps. It doesn't聽 index a big Ipod very well, duplicating some tracks many times but is fine with the same music on a usb stick. Phone, radio, DAB, navigation and voice commands all appear to be working well. I turned off auto updates and wifi as they are of no use and don't see the point of Android Auto with decent maps so I haven't tried it. Used a 32 Gb Sandisk USB3 stick for the download.

I have exactly聽the same issue , 0kb download.

I successfully updated sync 3 to the latest version 3.0 and also did a map update which it displayed was successful. I have uploaded the file to Ford as suggested on their website but now it just says map update available 0kb download.

Which Maps issue did you manage to update to?

• 1 month later...

Hi, has anyone found a solution to this problem? I am unable to download the sync 3 update. I just get the "A software update is available.Approx.0MB" message and when I download and extract the folder only contains autoinstall.Ist. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

And that is all it ever contains.The answer is to use the Cyanlabs solution which will update your system beyond where Ford ever will.

On 10/14/2020 at 6:38 PM, mpc28 said:

I have exactly聽the same issue , 0kb download.

I successfully updated sync 3 to the latest version 3.0 and also did a map update which it displayed was successful. I have uploaded the file to Ford as suggested on their website but now it just says map update available 0kb download.

Its a glitch from the Ford server. Has been like that for years and many of us on here have had that in the past after doing a download. You can just ignore it or sometimes it can be cleared by re uploading the log file.

But it will not permit the loading of updated maps聽 until it has updated and you will聽re upload the log file until you are blue in the face to no effect.

Then He can either go to Cyan labs for the maps with all the faffing about or much easier just get聽the Alexp999 F9 maps download that comes from a Ford server .

Hi, thanks for all these suggestions. Will look into it further.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club