Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Convers+ conversion and airbag light

Kay-newt

Hi! 
I've been searching mad for solutions as I have recently replaced my old cluster (with the red screen between the gauges) with a convers+. I was told by the seller it would be a direct swap, but I get the famous airbag light. I have searched various forums but I'm not getting any wiser. 

The question is, can the airbag light issue be fixed without thirdparty software like conversmod and likewise? 
I'm getting a local "guru" to fix the milage, so I'm hoping there is a solution he can apply at the same time? 

edit: it's a MY07 by the way

• 6 months later...

I have the same problem here. I have also a problem with the lights from the switches and the radio buttoms. 

When the light switch is on automatic then the lights behind the buttoms are not working. when you put the light switch manual on then everything is working.

Wha can help me?

• 1 year later...

There is a very intelligent Chap called Alex Motral (if my memory serves me correctly) he has rewritten the firmware that allows a Facelift Covers+ cluster

(without the oil & Temp gauge Bottom right) to be fitted to a pre facelift Convers+ model  (with oil & temp gauge) eliminating the AirBag light & Lighting issues...

His firmware allows for the fitting of both Pre & Facelift Convers+ to both pre & Facelift vehicles (Confusing i know?)

He has also designed for a load of additional features to be enabled in both.... He was inundated initially & it seems as though he has now outsourced his Firmware/s & Mods through a 3rd party

This is the official site now selling his firmware/s & Mods:

https://www.conversmod.de/fzg/6

I have included what I believe to be the various Instrument Cluster versions (Dasboard Clocks)

Type 1 (Smaller LED Display)

Type 1.jpg

Type 2 (Larger LED Display)

Type 2.jpg

Facelift Covers+ (Without oil & Temp Gauge)

Convers+ Facelift.jpg

Pre Facelift Convers+ (Oil & Temp Bottom right)

Convers+ PreFacelift.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 9/17/2022 at 10:42 PM, Grisleigh said:

There is a very intelligent Chap called Alex Motral (if my memory serves me correctly) he has rewritten the firmware that allows a Facelift Covers+ cluster

(without the oil & Temp gauge Bottom right) to be fitted to a pre facelift Convers+ model  (with oil & temp gauge) eliminating the AirBag light & Lighting issues...

His firmware allows for the fitting of both Pre & Facelift Convers+ to both pre & Facelift vehicles (Confusing i know?)

He has also designed for a load of additional features to be enabled in both.... He was inundated initially & it seems as though he has now outsourced his Firmware/s & Mods through a 3rd party

This is the official site now selling his firmware/s & Mods:

https://www.conversmod.de/fzg/6

I have included what I believe to be the various Instrument Cluster versions (Dasboard Clocks)

Type 1 (Smaller LED Display)

Type 1.jpg

Type 2 (Larger LED Display)

Type 2.jpg

Facelift Covers+ (Without Oil & Temp Gauge)

Convers+ Facelift.jpg

Pre Facelift Convers+ (Oil & Temp Bottom right)

Convers+ PreFacelift.jpg

Hi there i am new so please bare with me.  I have just upgraded mine from type 2 cluster to facelift covers+.  Now i also have a issue with airbag, and lights not working when on auto.  Also my snap on scanner wont connect but my bluetooth reader does.   That website you show, what would i need to buy to fix my issue?