Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Boost possibly EGR Problem

charliewade71

Hi Everyone 

first post, i have a 2010 Mk1 Ford CMax 1.6 TDCI which i bought as a project and so far have had to replace 5 Valves. 2 Pistons, Rebuild the Turbo, Replace the Injectors and Pump. Now the car is running fine start and idles nice however when i drive it it has no boost !!!!! I have replaced the EGR and rest with Forscan but i dont think it has learnt the values and readling i need to get it done by Ford IDS. If i unplug the MAF then the car drives ok and boosts nicely its very odd and rather irritating. I have attached a screen shot from ForScan as the car currently is running. Any advice welcome. 

august.PNG

Best to do data logging when the car is being driven, especially if the problem is a power loss.

The MAF at idle looks ok, but the Inlet Air Temperature is taken from the same sensor so you need to check that it is roughly the same as ambient.

You didn't say if you were getting ay fault codes.

Hey yes sorry i checked an its not throwing any fault codes 😞 will check the air temp but pretty sure its ok. Will do a data log in the morning. Do you think the EGR values look ok ? i was looking at a similar story on this site and the guy had got a genuine ford EGR Valve and had it calibrated by them and posted the attached showing the same values at idle and my EGR seem different. The car had a new Valeo unit fitted as the other was damaged. 

Charlie 

Screen shot from other user.png

You could try to blank off the EGR and see if that makes a difference, that will tell you 100% if its that causing the issue or not. Bit strange how disconnecting the MAF lets you boost though 🤔

Ah hi everyone well very odd booked the Car in with our local ford dealer for a EGR Calibration and Software Update to the PCM if required this was going to be £95. Anyway was sat thinking and when i plug the MAF in it ran rougher even tho when it was unplugged it was running ok. Anyway i had a spare MAF (Like you do) and swapped these over and cleared the fault the car now runs fine ??????? I have attached a screen shot from ForScan for anyone who can see a difference. 

18th August 2020.PNG

That is strange. The MAF reading at idle is more or less the same as it was. Did you check it while driving the car?.

The other slight differences might be because your engine was quite a bit hotter in the second screenshot.

The only thing I can see is you're missing a data log for IAT on the first set of tests but have included it in the second set. Would have been interesting to see if they had changed as if the IAT was reading too hot/cold it may have had an impact on running 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hi everyone well been to Ford today they recalibrated the egr and pcm and well made no change apart from the car failed to start due to a faulty cam sensor so I fitted that and the car runs but same so bit bullet and fitted a new MAF which shows a high air flow ? Then it wouldn’t go over 200rpm when I stopped the cooling fan was running the. When I got back in the car and drove off it ran sweet as a nut loads of power and revs over 4500rpm 🤷🏻‍♂️ Really fed up with this car if I’m honest thinking maybe the intercooler is blocked or got a lot of oil in it and maybe that’s causing the problems or maybe the turbo. Will do a screen shot of settings when cold and the. When the cars warmed up 

update went out and took a screen shot of the readings also have a live file from forscan if anyone wants to view and make any useful suggestions be really appreciated. 

So far have 

replaced the fuel pump

fuel pressure sensor on the fuel rail

MAF

MAP

Injectors 

Cam sensor 

rebuilt the top end, refurbished the Turbo the most annoying thing is sometimes its fine other times its rubbish and there is no common denominator the only things ive noticed are sometimes if your braking hard it will pick up and go and sometimes seems to be turning to the right but not all the time did think maybe damage to the loom but nothing is logged in the PCM memory 

7pm higher revs.PNG

7pm.PNG

Thought I’d let you all know I found the problem the turbo was goosed I took it apart and noticed all the exhaust fins were  gone 🙄 could be why it wasn’t going that well very odd but a new turbo just fitted and working sweet as a nut 

1F172ED8-9ECD-477D-8950-20B6A5EE3EFD.jpeg

B5D4DADB-93B5-4EBD-967E-DBE4344CF6BC.png

F9AF9FDE-41A6-4F52-A79F-3E0EE117246B.jpeg

1DD13A73-6C34-49B2-BFAF-C78ED4317C44.jpeg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club