Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 fiesta squeaking

nateconway

Was wondering if anyone knew what could be wrong with my car.

I had it serviced August 2019 and the auxiliary belt was changed, however, I noticed a squeak come from the front of the car days after, and when it squeaks sometimes ipthe car shuddered. It’s not triggered by anything (eg. pulling away, accelerating, or changing gear) sometimes I wouldn’t even be moving. I just recent changed the auxiliary belt again as it was perished. I also noticed a loss of power not sure if that is related but something doesn’t feel right about the car. I will service it in the next few months to see if anything is noticed. The car sits at 67,000 miles so i’m guessing it’s age related, is there any common problems that are known at 70,000 miles? The car is in relatively good condition, a few mechanics always say it look as if it’s been well looked after. The squeak doesn’t affect anything apart from accelerating can be a bit slow, so it’s not in my way I would rather it not happen.

Thanks

Nate

Did you use a good quality aux belt? Or a cheap one? 

If you spray some soapy water on the belt and it stops squeaking then the  belt is the problem. But this would not cause problems with acceleration losing power.

The belt used in the service in august was about £22 and the one I put on today was £12, surely a cheap belt shouldn’t squeak straight away. And I can try the soapy water, just not sure if it’s the belt or not.

Its definitely a moving part, I’m just not sure if other people have had the same problem. 

Some belts are designed to run quiet if there is a slight pulley misalignment. Gatorback quiet belts might fix the squeak if this is the problem.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club