Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 1.0 titanium 2018 99bhp or 123bhp?

Andy2506

Hi.

I'm about to purchased a 2018 1.0 titanium Fiesta. I'm wondering which engine to opt for. The 99bhp or the 123bhp? Mainly is the extra BHP nice to have or does it consume alot more fuel?

Thoughts please....

I have the 99 bhp version and it plenty powerful enough for this size of car and is very frugal.   I constantly get better than 40 mpg and I drive mostly in town.

Fuel economy will be about the same on both models. 
The extra bhp will give you a little bit more punch on acceleration. 
I guess it depends on what you'll be using the car for. If it's just city driving then the 99bhp would be adequate. If you're doing longer journeys and motorways then the 123bhp will give you that little extra pickup. 

Don't know how the used prices compare now, but in 2018 there was only about £500 in it even when new. 

The 100 is perfectly fine for most use, but the 125 does have that bit of extra urge and there is no particular penalty fuel consumption wise. Many members on here seem to get mid-40's from any version - the computer on my 140 is reading 50.3mpg average since I last filled up.

2 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Don't know how the used prices compare now, but in 2018 there was only about £500 in it even when new. 

The 100 is perfectly fine for most use, but the 125 does have that bit of extra urge and there is no particular penalty fuel consumption wise. Many members on here seem to get mid-40's from any version - the computer on my 140 is reading 50.3mpg average since I last filled up.

Funny you should say that, I am not a conservative, Economic driver whatsoever and I recorded 44.4 mpg for may, 39.8 mpg for June and 41.9 mpg for July. This is Town and local driving only. I don't think I have ever made a journey with the Eco mode engaged. 😆

Mpg doesn't mean that much to me but the 140bhp StLine X doesn't seem to care too badly relating to what people are saying here with their models of Fiesta.

Personally if I had to choose between the 99 and 123 versions I'd take the 123. I had a MK 7.5 (2016) ST-Line 125 for a week as a courtesy car and I averaged about 55mpg with mixed town and motorway driving, I don't think it's much difference mpg wise than the 99bhp version.

I'm currently running a 2019 ST-Line X 140 version and am averaging about 48.5mpg over the last few months

1 hour ago, Mavroz said:

I don't think I have ever made a journey with the Eco mode engaged. 😆

Lol me neither - I've never even looked for where the button is on this car!😀 My mpg does seem to have picked up a bit since the end of lockdown - my average over the last 2 tankfuls (using my usual "brim to brim" method) was 53.7 and 49.8. I'm only doing the same driving pattern as before, so maybe the car's getting loosened off at last!

23 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

was 53.7 and 49.8. I'm only doing the same driving pattern as before, so maybe the car's getting loosened off at last!

I'm more inclined to think it's due to less traffic on the roads even after lockdown is mostly over the roads are still much quieter than before.

2 hours ago, Blatto said:

I'm more inclined to think it's due to less traffic on the roads even after lockdown is mostly over the roads are still much quieter than before.

Not round my way it isn't - if anything it seems worse than before, possibly because people are avoiding public transport, partly due to conflicting government advice, partly because no-one wants to sit in a bus or train wearing a 😷😀

5 hours ago, Blatto said:

Haha, come and drive through Hull between 7am/9am and 4pm/7pm...

Every car form everywhere else must be here then and it is compounded by the Council putting temporary cycle and bus lanes in.

The roads here certainly are nowhere near quiet.

9 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Not round my way it isn't - if anything it seems worse than before

Oh well it's certainly much quieter down in Hertfordshire. My normal commute of 35 miles into work is about 10 minutes faster and there's very little stop start traffic in the towns. My average speed has gone up by about 7mph for the trip. Will have to wait and see what happens once the schools go back in September

With regard to the 100 vs 125, we have had 2 100s now, it will cruise happily at motorway speeds with the three of us and luggage, although up long hills on the a14 I had to drop it to 5th sometimes.  It's nippy round town too.

It's always nice to have more power but if you saw a good deal on a well speced 100 it would be worth checking out.

5 minutes ago, Blatto said:

Will have to wait and see what happens once the schools go back in September

I can't wait for the schools to go back and the furlough scheme to end...selfish yes, but the more I see of 'people' the more I dislike them!  Pre-lockdown I was only travelling while kids were at school, adults at work and old people napping...  Now there's just solid traffic everywhere, all the time and nowhere to park either! :sad:  Plus everyone seems to have forgotten how to drive, ride, or even walk!  Almost ran over a middle aged guy that walked straight out on a traffic lighted crossing yesterday, didn't stop or look let alone press the button, just continued walking straight off the pavement! :shocking:  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club