Do Not Sell My Personal Information

H7 led bulbs - absolute game changer

Monks600

Whilst flicking through AliExpress, I’ve come across these LED Bulbs with built in mini projectors and the cut off is insane. No need to have projectors in your headlights, you literally use the reflector housing.

If you look through the reviews on the listings, it’s impressive and for people who don’t have projector housings... this is a game changer!

Just ordered a pair and they really do look promising, I’m surprised how good and how well they work

£21.13 33% Off | H7 H4 mini Projector Lens For Automobile Motorcycle High Low Beam LED Conversion Kit Lamp Cut line Headlight 12V/24V 5500K

https://a.aliexpress.com/_B1VnmS

576d1cb7cb35e5c6e926c1b64c659eb8.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

With respect, what you have 'bought' so far is an advert with some +ve reviews (not always true, but could be?)

Wait till you actually fit them with a comparison shot of before and after, then we can all share your excitement. Best of luck buddy...😀

• Like 3

With respect, what you have 'bought' so far is an advert with some +ve reviews (not always true, but could be?)
Wait till you actually fit them with a comparison shot of before and after, then we can all share your excitement. Best of luck buddy...[emoji3]

Aye, willing to take that risk! They could turn out to be absolute rubbish but I’ve gone through PayPal so I’m covered in that sense.

I just found them really interesting and I’ve never seen anything like them before. Everywhere is flooded with standard H7 LEDS and the glare off 99% of them in reflector housing is horrendous. Throw in to the mix that no one ever bothers to have them checked or aligned... you’re asking for trouble! So when I saw these, I just thought, worth a punt lol!

That's why I wished you luck. I have been after the elusive car bulb for decades.  My last car had a set of £100 PIAA bulbs, then a few sets of HID conversions, before I found a lovely set of LEDs which even passed a regular MOT in terms of alignment with no issues. It's all a black art!

• Like 1

I use the normal ones in the reflector housing but they are designed flat so you need to align then left to right so they don't cause glare. I have had no problems and they were very cheap and have amazing light and they followed me from the MK2 to the mk3. They have lasted 2 years now so can guarantee the ones you are getting will be good and last well and I may go that route myself at some point. 

• Like 1

That's why I wished you luck. I have been after the elusive car bulb for decades.  My last car had a set of £100 PIAA bulbs, then a few sets of HID conversions, before I found a lovely set of LEDs which even passed a regular MOT in terms of alignment with no issues. It's all a black art!

Haha I know the pain, I’m exactly the same! I managed to find some led h7 bulbs a while ago and I aligned them properly and got an mot tester to check and he said they were fine and you wouldn’t know they were led unless you were told! So quite happy with that!

If anything, I like faffing and finding new stuff to keep me occupied!

I use the normal ones in the reflector housing but they are designed flat so you need to align then left to right so they don't cause glare. I have had no problems and they were very cheap and have amazing light and they followed me from the MK2 to the mk3. They have lasted 2 years now so can guarantee the ones you are getting will be good and last well and I may go that route myself at some point. 

Seems LED’s in reflector housing have come a long way over the years. From looking, most of them you can rotate in the housing the get a decent cutoff and minimal to no glare. Just remembered, the ones I’ve got in now allow rotating and I do seem to remember spending a while rotating them and lining them up correctly! Never been flashed and MOT tester said they’re bang on!

Quite impressive!

• Like 1

Just reading that there is this just the lense to convert what you have or a full set with the leds? 

Just reading that there is this just the lense to convert what you have or a full set with the leds? 

I’ve ordered the full set, 2x h7 led with lenses. Just measured and they should slot in to the reflector housing nicely

Edit: sorry, just re-read your comment. The lenses are built on to the led so they come as a full set. All in one so to speak.. I’m easily confused lol, sorry!

• Like 2

They look nuts
image.thumb.png.6c2acd3f1fd62ac0dbbf6b122e39a196.png

My exact thoughts too! Cannot believe the cut off from the reviews... I’m getting really excited now, these could either be a game changer or absolute crap. But it looks and sounds promising :)

• Like 1

Well good luck and post some pics when they are fitted [emoji16]

Will do, can’t find anyone in the uk selling these so looks like I’ll be waiting a while.

Saying that, ordered something from China and it only took 5 days to arrive! Fastest delivery service I’ve ever had from China!

Cant wait to see these !😀

14 hours ago, Monks600 said:

Will do, can’t find anyone in the uk selling these so looks like I’ll be waiting a while.

Saying that, ordered something from China and it only took 5 days to arrive! Fastest delivery service I’ve ever had from China!

Depends really some are fast and some really slow but you get them eventually. 

• Like 1

I believe LED Bulbs with fans will not fit as the connector block holds the bulb in.

Let us know hoe you get on though

I believe LED bulbs with fans will not fit as the connector block holds the bulb in.

Let us know hoe you get on though

I’ve already got a similar pair in my dipped beams, there’s a special plastic adaptor you buy that holds the bulb in the housing perfectly and then you simply plug the block connect on to the end of the cable for the led bulb.

Here’s the adaptor : ef88b9bb4116310c6fd80a47303745e5.png&key=52efe933e39fcef47026f08fada41260b4d6dad20ee88552f89d4613c938b19a

This holds the H7 bracket in place and you simply slide the LED bulb in place and twist and lock! Took me a few weeks to figure this out as I didn’t realise this adaptor existed and ended up using epoxy. Once I found this adaptor, I cleared all the epoxy off and used this. Absolutely brilliant!

If I get chance I’ll take a pic inside the headlight to show you how it works mate!

• Like 1

Plenty room even the mini balast thing fits in there with the cap on could fit in. A couple of rolls of duct tape if I wanted 😂 

• Haha 1

Plenty room even the mini balast thing fits in there with the cap on could fit in. A couple of rolls of duct tape if I wanted [emoji23] 

Yeah, mine all went in no problem even the original rubber cap fitted over the hole aswell! Magic :)

Duct tape is a life saver, I take a roll of that stuff in the boot with me everywhere.

• Like 1

Tell them to hurry up [emoji23] 

Apparently they should hit the UK in the next day or so. Pretty when quick considering what’s going on in the world!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

...can't wait to see the results 😜

Indeed, I've been reliably informed they are a game changer LOL 🤣

• Haha 1

Indeed, I've been reliably informed they are a game changer LOL [emoji1787]

LOL! Shush! Been scouring the Russian forums with Google translate and they are all over these bulbs and some of the pictures they’re posting up are really impressive. The cut off is incredible for such a small bit off kit. So I’ve got high hopes!

In my eyes, don’t knock it until you try it. If they’re rubbish, I’ll easily get my money back. If they’re good, then win win.

• Like 2

Have we any update on these bulbs??[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1