H7 led bulbs - absolute game changer

Monks600

On 9/1/2020 at 9:25 AM, Morty1977 said:

Have we any update on these bulbs??emoji3.png

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Think he's gone back to the land of bearded monks no sign of him 😂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hahahaha sorry been a hectic day at work! Finally sat down with a beer. I’ve got them in hand and I’ll be popping them in tomorrow hopefully, if not tomorrow then weekend at the latest. The build quality is really really good. I’m surprised and to be honest, I’ve got a feeling this will work perfectly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Monks600 said:

... I’ve got a feeling this will work perfectly!

Hope so, I've been told they will change the game! LOL

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Monks600 said:

Hahahaha sorry been a hectic day at work! Finally sat down with a beer. I’ve got them in hand and I’ll be popping them in tomorrow hopefully, if not tomorrow then weekend at the latest. The build quality is really really good. I’m surprised and to be honest, I’ve got a feeling this will work perfectly!

Nice one if they are good ill be getting them too 😁

• Like 1

Hope so, I've been told they will change the game! LOL

Indeed they will! Well.... that’s the idea. Knowing my luck I’ll connect one up and the cheap ***** LED chip will explode in to a million pieces. I will the. Have ‘flame effect’ headlights... forget the xenon look, it’s all about the flame look [emoji1303][emoji23]

• Haha 2

Can’t get the ***** old LED Bulbs out of the h7 socket with the adaptor. Tight space and really dark. Gonna leave it until weekend before I lose my rag and break something lol.

In a different note, my fancy DRL with switch backs also arrived.

Sometime in the near future I’ll be baking or cutting open the perma seal on the headlights and installing them.

Here’s a little test I did to see if they worked ok by just tapping them on the car battery.

When power is applied from an ignition live they will power on and scroll then stay solid white. These will be the DRL’s and then when indicator it swoops across, pretty cool heh? Also, they’re modular so i can creat shapes and curves with them without any issues then epoxy them in place where needed

Apologies on the rubbish video, it was dark and I couldn’t see hardly anything. Been another long day at work.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Monks600 said:

Can’t get the ***** old led bulbs out of the h7 socket with the adaptor. Tight space and really dark. Gonna leave it until weekend before I lose my rag and break something lol.

In a different note, my fancy DRL with switch backs also arrived.

Sometime in the near future I’ll be baking or cutting open the perma seal on the headlights and installing them.

Here’s a little test I did to see if they worked ok by just tapping them on the car battery.

When power is applied from an ignition live they will power on and scroll then stay solid white. These will be the DRL’s and then when indicator it swoops across, pretty cool heh? Also, they’re modular so i can creat shapes and curves with them without any issues then epoxy them in place where needed

Apologies on the rubbish video, it was dark and I couldn’t see hardly anything. Been another long day at work.

Wow they are nice where did u get them? Are you trying to take them out with the headlights In? 

They also came from AliExpress lol! And I’ve removed the headlights no problem to give me access. It’s just that with the H7 LEDs I have in at the moment you have to use a special clip to hold them in place and then you simply connect the cable to the h7 socket and let it dangle freely inside, Very similar to the HID CLIP when going aftermarket. I’m guessing from the heat it’s expanded the plastic slightly it there and I couldn’t pop the clip with my fingers.

Was gutted, got well excited :(

10 minutes ago, Monks600 said:

They also came from AliExpress lol! And I’ve removed the headlights no problem to give me access. It’s just that with the H7 LEDs I have in at the moment you have to use a special clip to hold them in place and then you simply connect the cable to the h7 socket and let it dangle freely inside, Very similar to the HID CLIP when going aftermarket. I’m guessing from the heat it’s expanded the plastic slightly it there and I couldn’t pop the clip with my fingers.

Was gutted, got well excited 😞

Yeh I use them too one of mines broke and it still holds them in. its easier with a screwdriver to pop them out but gently they are brittle. 

• Like 2

Yeh I use them too one of mines broke and it still holds them in. its easier with a screwdriver to pop them out but gently they are brittle. 

Yeah, I’d rather do that with daylight hahahahaha. I’ll wind up jabbing myself otherwise

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, wilto said:

Was just reading this    https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/blog/are-led-headlight-bulbs-the-brightest/

Then came on here, what a coincidence, I was looking to convert my H7 headlight bulbs to H4, but haven't found a way yet.

Quite an interesting read actually. 

I take it you're wanting to swap your dipped beams from Halogen to LED?

As said before, LED technology for the automotive industry has come a far way in such a short amount of time. Aslong as you get a decent LED bulb which allows you to adjust by twisitng in the house and the actual placement of the LEDS lines up with the halogen filament in the bulb.. you should be absolutely fine. Essentially, the LED bulb needs to be the same legth from the base of the socket in which this would sit in the headlight housing to the tip of the LED bulb and the placement of the LED needs to match the filiment on the halogen.

• Like 1

No I want to stick with halogen, but convert the dipped beam (H7) to a dipped and full beam (H4) but don't know if the reflector will give off any more light as it's meant to be a dipped light.

21 hours ago, wilto said:

No I want to stick with halogen, but convert the dipped beam (H7) to a dipped and full beam (H4) but don't know if the reflector will give off any more light as it's meant to be a dipped light.

I think you'll find you will have focusing issues,  that is, if you even manage to get the H4 bulbs to fit (which I very much doubt). To me, it's a non starter.

On 9/4/2020 at 4:08 PM, Monks600 said:

Quite an interesting read actually. 

I take it you're wanting to swap your dipped beams from Halogen to LED?

As said before, LED technology for the automotive industry has come a far way in such a short amount of time. Aslong as you get a decent LED bulb which allows you to adjust by twisitng in the house and the actual placement of the LEDS lines up with the halogen filament in the bulb.. you should be absolutely fine. Essentially, the LED bulb needs to be the same legth from the base of the socket in which this would sit in the headlight housing to the tip of the LED bulb and the placement of the LED needs to match the filiment on the halogen.

Although I'm generally not a fan of people fitting 3rd party LED Bulbs to replace OEM halogens because they usually end up blinding oncoming traffic, I'm genuinely interested as to how you get on with the bulbs.  At that price, if they work well and aren't anti-social I'd definitely consider fitting them.

Although I'm generally not a fan of people fitting 3rd party led bulbs to replace OEM halogens because they usually end up blinding oncoming traffic, I'm genuinely interested as to how you get on with the bulbs.  At that price, if they work well and aren't anti-social I'd definitely consider fitting them.

I’ve got them in hand, powered them briefly outside of the headlamp and the cutoff is indeed bang on. Was really impressed. Couldn’t see any light spillage on the wall at all. Just need to find the time to remove my old LEDS and pop these in lol!

At the moment, I’m really struggling to find the time to do anything car related. With the local lockdown in greater Manchester getting worse each day and the lack of child care for my daughter and with my partner being a key worker. We’re all struggling for time and what not.

I’m an IT infrastructure engineer and with the increased demand in infra and anything networking related due to COVID, I’m ran off my feet and constantly shattered. And the fact half my colleagues are furloughed or now jobless... it’s mental.

Just got a lot on at the moment like everyone else probably has, sorry for gibbering on!

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Monks600 said:

Just got a lot on at the moment like everyone else probably has, sorry for gibbering on!

I wouldn't worry about "gibbering on" mate, I suspect that if all goes well with the bulbs there will be a fair few of us ordering the bulbs.

In terms of the Covid situation and some of your work colleagues, I'd be surprised if they don't find work in that field fairly quickly, especially in the current circumstances in terms of mass home working etc putting additional strain on the back end infrastructure of all UK ISP's currently.

Just remember that YOUR health and family work life balance is important, not just the next "deadline" from work.  Speaking from personal experience as a software tester for a certain UK based Spanish owned bank, some things are more important than work.  Obviously your household bills have to be paid but as I found out, there ARE some genuinely decent employers out there but they take a bit of finding!  (the good employer being my "new" employer)

• Like 3

Still waiting for some pics [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 8/17/2020 at 2:00 PM, Monks600 said:

If I get chance I’ll take a pic inside the headlight to show you how it works mate!

I've got a set of Philips Ultinon Gen2 that I've been faffing with for about a year now, I've got the mk3.5 ST and cant find a good adapter for love nor money anywhere, if you could throw a few pics up that'd be brilliant and massively appreciated, pretty sure at this point its looking to be more like user error in fairness...!

16 hours ago, WireyWhenWet said:

I've got a set of Philips Ultinon Gen2 that I've been faffing with for about a year now, I've got the mk3.5 ST and cant find a good adapter for love nor money anywhere, if you could throw a few pics up that'd be brilliant and massively appreciated, pretty sure at this point its looking to be more like user error in fairness...!

Most of the LED Bulbs have a removable ring and you place that into the headlight hole first. 

image.png.2775a08bc830566414c930aaa9743b3e.png

Then on top of that you place this holder. Notice the tab at the top that's how it's placed like a bulb would be just like the rings. Flat side. Up and it clicks into place but be careful they are brittle. 

image.thumb.png.11fa965f7b44985436610f2ba5b0f83c.png

Then the bulb simply pushes into the hole and the ring grips it tight. 

The harness clips into the bulbs plug and you tuck it away and your done. 

So, after 2000+ views, and 40+ replies, are we any closer to declaring the OP claim that these bulbs he ordered are your, 'actual game changer'??

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

So, after 2000+ views, and 40+ replies, are we any closer to declaring the OP claim that these bulbs he ordered are your, 'actual game changer'??

image.thumb.png.1904cc8a63bf44df020058b64fc567ef.png

• Haha 3

On 9/24/2020 at 4:44 PM, F0CUE said:

Then the bulb simply pushes into the hole and the ring grips it tight.

Oo-er matron! 😅

The issue I have is the gap for the holder that you show there is a little too wide for the housing of the light units, the 'guide' for the plastic to go on to is really thin compared to the older Foci models from what I can tell, so the adatper/holder itself doesn't actually slide on to the housing and stay there, if at all depending on the adapter. I've got a set of these on the way anyways to play with now so will see. This car is a right pain in the jacksie for the light holders...!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club