Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 Wing Mirrors & Puddle Lights

martinb14

How do I go about removing the cover on the wing mirrors (mk4 Focus) to get into the indicator unit? I've bought the new CEUK sequential indicators to replace the existing. 

Also how are the puddle light bulbs removed from the housing? I've got the Autobeam upgrade to replace but not sure how this fits into the housing as it appears to be one unit. 

• Like 1

I've not had the need to take covers off a MK4 but know you need to pull the mirror glass off, then there's 3 plastic tabs to prise inside to remove cover. 

2 hours ago, martinb14 said:

How do I go about removing the cover on the wing mirrors (mk4 Focus) to get into the indicator unit? I've bought the new CEUK sequential indicators to replace the existing. 

Also how are the puddle light bulbs removed from the housing? I've got the Autobeam upgrade to replace but not sure how this fits into the housing as it appears to be one unit. 

Able to post pictures when this is done? May be something would like to do on my own!

I found that the cover is quite easily removed by pulling off the mirror glass then there are 3 tabs to prise off and the cover should just lift off. To install the CEUK indicators it's just a case of unclipping the original unit and replacing the new one. 

20200815_201951_1_Moment.jpg

• Like 3

So glad that there are finally sequential mirror indicators for the mk4, tbh Ford sort of cheaped out by only making the front indicators sequential- why not all of them as standard?
So, ordered yesterday and delivered today, can you remove the mirror cap without popping the glass like on the mk3/3.5 or does the glass absolutely have to come off?
Never keen removing the lenses in case I snap tabs.

fec72d740a7a4ce4c8b0a40e735dd0d2.jpg

2b82d78a26bcfe08808dce7c3281cd49.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I believe its possible to remove the mirror cap by prying it off carefully from the trim, similar to the Mk3. 

• Like 1

It's getting the caps back on that's the fiddly part TBH. 
I'd expect nothing else [emoji23]

• Haha 1

On 8/19/2020 at 10:36 AM, Stoney871 said:

So glad that there are finally sequential mirror indicators for the mk4, tbh Ford sort of cheaped out by only making the front indicators sequential- why not all of them as standard?
So, ordered yesterday and delivered today, can you remove the mirror cap without popping the glass like on the mk3/3.5 or does the glass absolutely have to come off?
Never keen removing the lenses in case I snap tabs.

fec72d740a7a4ce4c8b0a40e735dd0d2.jpg

2b82d78a26bcfe08808dce7c3281cd49.jpg

Do the CEUK sequential wing mirrors match up with the standard sequential indicators on the headlights? Got any video of these installed? Really tempted my self!

There seems to be a very slight delay with the mirror sequentials but not noticeable (I only noticed through slow motion video). Here's a link to them on my Focus https://www.dropbox.com/s/gjn4atlj628u69u/20200815_201926.mp4?dl=0

• Like 1

A tiny delay yes but they look the business, I think I'm gonna have to get some now.

10 hours ago, martinb14 said:

There seems to be a very slight delay with the mirror sequentials but not noticeable (I only noticed through slow motion video). Here's a link to them on my Focus https://www.dropbox.com/s/gjn4atlj628u69u/20200815_201926.mp4?dl=0

Thank you - look very good think am going to have to get these!

They do look pretty cool to be sure.

I have found that there is no need to remove the mirror lenses to get the mirror caps off, the caps just pop off with a bit of leverage from a bojo tool and fingers.

One thing I will say though, the connectors that plug into the indicators are crap, ford should hang their heads.

Managed to get one unplugged cleanly but the other pulled apart, the two parts of the plug appear to be simply hot glued together and due to a rather tight rubber seal the glue failed.

I have had to poke the bare pins from inside the plug into the contacts on the indicator for now (with copious electrical tape to pad the gaps and avoid the wires popping back out) but have devised a replacement plug using very fine panel nails, shrink tubing and a small chocblock connector which I will utilise in the next couple of days.

Won't be oem standard but will work just fine.

Mine in action-

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I removed my covers by firstly tilting the glass to access the tab on the outer most edge of the cover. The tab is visible with a torch once the mirror is tilted inwards and downwards all the way. release the tab with plastic tool and lever the edge of the cover outwards using a plastic upholstery tool etc. Once this edge is released, move to the inner side edge of the cover. There's a very small gap between the cover and mirror housing on the side. At this gap, lever it, once again with a plastic tool of some description. Mine just popped off once the inner side was levered with a bit of force. 

IMG_20220429_133335.jpg

IMG_20220429_133358.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/20/2020 at 9:10 AM, F0CUE said:

It's getting the caps back on that's the fiddly part TBH. 

Yes! Once I had my driver side one off it dosent seem to be back on securely. It now produces a very irritating whistling noise when at speed.(probably cause of a small gap somewhere) Can't seem to get it properly clicked back in. Pulls off far too easy now.

Door mirror cover removal (1:52)

Thanks but I'm hearing the whistling wing mirror on early focus mk4 is incurable.. 🤯 or maybe just turn the tunes up louder 👍🏻

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club