Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air con puddle?

Peloquin138

It was very hot the other day so I fired the car up 10 mins before finishing work and put air con to max. 

When we came out of work I saw a puddle under the car. Can't really see anything other than what seems like clear water dripping off a piece of metal.

It was a very fast drip.

To late to get it into a garage so next morning I went to to up the water to go work but it only needed a drop.

Can running the air con to max on a very hot day cause this much condensation?

I tried running it for 10 mins yesterday with no air con and no drip. I can't find anywhere low on water so it's all I can think of.

Yep it's amazing how much condensation you get on a hot and humid day lol. If set your car to recirc then you'll find amount of condensation you get dies off a bit the longer you have the air con on for. Otherwise it'll be a continuous rate.

• Thanks 1

i have a 62 plate titanium x and thought the same as you   .iv fad someone come up to me and say youre cars leaking mate.   it came out like a hose was squirting it.  sometimes i think its worse when cars at different angle on the road or when going up on to my driveway. when i dont see it i actually wonder where the condense is sitting .

• Thanks 1

The amount that comes out all depends on the humitiy of the air on that day. We've have quite a few very humid days recently 

• Thanks 1

Can running the air con to max on a very hot day cause this much condensation?

If you'd been to somewhere like Florida you see it's absolutely normal!. Standard procedure there, if the car's been left outside for any length of time, is to start the engine, A/C to MAX , shut all doors and walk away for 10 mins. There's always a pool of water under the car after that!.

when i dont see it i actually wonder where the condense is sitting

When the car's moving , then the airflow will evaporate most of the condensation.

• Thanks 1

It's all down to the humidity.  Had a weird experience on one of the hot days last week myself...took a cold shower, was fairly dry before I left the shower cubicle, and then got much wetter standing the bathroom as the humid air condensed all over me!  

You get the same effect on a glass of cold drink...hot humid days it ends up streaming with water on the outside, hot dry days there's just a fine mist over it. :smile: 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

You get the same effect on a glass of cold drink...hot humid days it ends up streaming with water on the outside, hot dry days there's just a fine mist over it. :smile: 

You're such a poet when the mood takes you LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

You're such a poet when the mood takes you LOL

Other words spring to mind.😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Even more noticeable in a sloped car park my car likes to pee in tesco car park 😂 

• Haha 1

Just now, F0CUE said:

Even more noticeable in a sloped car park my car likes to pee in tesco car park 😂 

mmm... we've all been there...

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

mmm... we've all been there...

What? You or the car? 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

My thoughts exactly 😂 

Just now, iantt said:

What? You or the car? 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

My thoughts exactly 😂 

TBH, I'd rather not say LOL

2 hours ago, F0CUE said:

Even more noticeable in a sloped car park 

Also with 2 wheels just on the curb. When it was very hot earlier in the week I noticed water dripping just below where the front wing meets the sill on the drivers side on my Mk2. Don’t generally notice it dripping when parked on the flat though. 

• Thanks 1

Brilliant. Thank you one and all. 

All I could think of was it the result of  air con bring on but it seemed a hell of a lot of water but you have put my mind at ease.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club