Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Cruise Control

Carracer12

Hi,

So when I first got my fiesta, the cruise control worked flawlessly. However now it won't even turn on 70% of the time, it only works occasionally now and even shuts off after a short time.

I press the "On" button and the "Set +" button as I always have, but nothing happens. Also sometimes the "Set +" and "Set -" buttons seem to reverse themselves. I imagine it's caused by some sort of switch issue but I have tried pushing the buttons hard or softly but neither work.

If anyone has any ideas, please do share since it makes longer drives much more enjoyable!

I had a similar problem on a 2010 Fiesta and I cured it by squirting some switch cleaner into the control buttons.

• Like 1

I did the same as Bob, it worked for the cruise controls but radio controls were still wonky so I just replaced that switch cluster. I would try cleaning it first and if that works great, if not you can spend like 10£ on a new switch cluster from eBay.

Thanks to both of you for the advice!

I'll give it a go!

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I have it a go, sprayed some electrical switch cleaner in the gaps between the buttons but no luck.

Is the next logical step to replace the switch cluster? If so, how hard is it to do? Not overly confident with rewiring my car but if it's a plug and play sort of thing, I could handle it.

When I got my 2011 Titanium a couple of years back I had this problem you describe.

As I had taken out a warranty on purchase I took it back in and they replaced the CC unit itself. Not the steering wheel controls but the actual unit.

Solved the problem. Don't know how much that would cost without having the warranty.

Okay that does sound a bit more involved and pricey... 

I'll exhaust all my cheap options before I try to replace that whole thing, although I haven't actually checked the price yet...