Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newer speedo cluster in my c max

stephend161

Hi everyone.

So i have a 2012 ford cmax and i am looking to change the speedo instillment cluster to that with the bigger display screen.

From the videos i have been watching the swap over is simple but apparently i need to save the config file from my old clocks and transfer it over to the new clocks so mileage and other settings are correct..

So can someone send me in the direction of a guide or what software i need to swap the config file from my original clocks over to the new clocks.

Also as a side topic im quite fancying replacing my factory sony headset for one from the newer cmax models with the built in sat nav. Again physically straight swap but wiring connectors are different. Does anyone know if there is an adaptor cable to make things work.

Any info would be amazing

Thanks for your time peeps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, looking at the exactly the same upgrades myself. 

Cluster upgrade, from the videos looks like you will need a elm327 lead and forscan. I have both so will have a look at saving the config file and let you know. I have seen something about coding keys, ive have look further into this.

I also have the Sony headunit with the small screen and want to upgrade to the sync 2 or 3. Agian been watching a few videos and think i can mange that one if i can source all the right parts. Going to be making a complete list and get pricing sorted before i start. Watched this video the other night: https://youtu.be/BSTxn9scCJo

• Like 1

Nice lol lets stay in touch ..
So i have the elm cable coming tomorrow

(this one to be exact ELMconfig USB bbflyOBD BF32302 USB FTDI chip compatible HS-CAN / MS-CAN for Forscan OBD2 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074JF6YNG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ZFOoFbMJVYYCA )

with the switch that allows you to access the full ecu features so that will be interesting..

But i also read somewhere that if the clocks you buy has higher milage then with this software you can only increase mileage and not decrease mileage..
As for recoding keys i hope thats not the case. I would have though that whatever key data is held in the cluster would copy over when transferring the configuration file [emoji2369] im assuming anyways..
The cluster i bought has higher mileage than my original ones so ill have to get them set to my actual mileage..
There is the second option of actually desoldering the chip that stores the mileage data and physically swapping that from cluster to cluster Ofcorse if it is the same with the clocks being different in their own ways...

I take it you know how to use the software as ive not used it yet.
Could i pm you if i get stuck?

• Like 1

Also thats a really good video tutorial..
Can you tell me the name of the adaptor cables.
And also my car has the factory fitted self park mode and front sensors and they all use that small dash screen..
Would i need additional wiring to make them work with the new head unit.

7 minutes ago, stephend161 said:

And also my car has the factory fitted self park mode and front sensors and they all use that small dash screen..

The cable you need is this one might be a little more expensive than some but it works many of the cheap ones fail.

https://tunnelrat-electronics.fwscart.com/USB_Modified_ELM327/p4541936_17045457.aspx

The cable you need is this one might be a little more expensive than some but it works many of the cheap ones fail.
https://tunnelrat-electronics.fwscart.com/USB_Modified_ELM327/p4541936_17045457.aspx

Lol thats cheeper than the one i bought [emoji2357] the amazon q&a from others say they have used it and it all worked. It arrives tomorrow if it doesn’t do the job it will just be returned and i have your link to buy the elm one..

Sounds like you have the exact same spec titanium as me. Parking sensors and Parking assist and sony headunit, although mines a 2011 model. 

Yes read about the millage. Found one one on eBay with 22k miles, s will be getting that as mine as a few more miles lol. Just wanted to take my cluster out and check the part number first before i order. Will have a play around with ForScan before i do anything, will also see what other features i can turn on while im in there. Had a focus before and managed to add some basic features to that. 

But the bigger display dash looks much better, so think this will be the first upgrade for the C-Max. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stephend161 said:

Looking around i think the cluster is a straight swap, and copying over the config file should mean that all the features used by the screen will do the same on the new one. Very worse case is put the old one back in and sell on the bigger display unit 🙂 

Hi guys.
So i have my elm cable i have my forscan installed on my laptop and i have my new clocks.
Before i swap over can someone explain to me how with forscan i back up the data from my original clocks so i can transfer to new clocks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club