Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior microphone

Gilbere
聽Share

Hello everyone, new to the club.

Just purchased a 2018 fiesta st line 1.0 ecoboost.聽
Had an issue with the microphone not working, so took it back to ford under warranty. They fitted a new microphone and all鈥檚 good now 馃憤

They said the microphone was covered in an old melted ice lolly, that鈥檚 why it was broken. They still did the repair for free and put the repair down as a faulty mic, which i thought was very good of them.

My question to you knowledgeable ford gurus is, where is the mic located in order that an ice lolly can melt on it?

Ive searched the net but can only find older versions where it鈥檚 by the interior light.

Any ideas?

Surely it's location is shown in the Ford handbook ? I would have thought up near the interior light ?

I think it's still in the interior light - black square box top left here?聽 (Edit - Annoying forum compression, click it for full quality)

s-l1600.jpg

I guess it's possible someone used the sunglasses holder as an ice lolly holder... :unsure:

Perhaps car overturned whilst driver eating lolly. Are there any dents in the roof. Lol.

• Haha 2

I also believe after wondering this myself while on the phone, it is in the centre interior light cluster, or at least the other person confirmed, after i started bashing things to find out.聽There is 3 little slits in the plastic towards the back of that plastic panel on both sides (LH or RH drive) assume that only one side is populated with the microphone depending on which side the driver is.

16 hours ago, isetta said:

Perhaps car overturned whilst driver eating lolly. Are there any dents in the roof. Lol.

That鈥檚 actually something i鈥檝e not thought of 馃槀

• Haha 1