Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrading 2015 Focus Sync 2 Radio

Jodz

Hi,

I’m not sure if anyone can help at all but I’ve spoke to people at Halfords and at my local ford dealership who both said that this wasn’t possible... I refuse to give up hope.

Basically, I bought a 64 plate (2015) Ford Focus Titanium (not sure if it is X or not) recently and it has the Sync 2 touchscreen radio. I believe it’s the post facelift version with less buttons on the dash and an 8” touchscreen. I was hoping to upgrade the system to something a little more responsive and ideally with Apple car play.

The guy at Halfords said they could replace the screen but it would mean losing an awful lot of features that the car comes with and the guy at the ford dealership said they wouldn’t touch it as the car is designed how it is so upgrading it would be far too much hassle.

I was just wondering if anybody has more information on what I would lose if I went through Halfords, or better yet, is there anybody that has done this already and would be able to explain what I need to do in order to upgrade the system without losing a lot of functions?

If it helps, my car has sat nav navigation, DAB radio, a reverse camera, bluetooth hand free, cruise control/limiter, heated seats, dual a/c and probably a few other things (I’m still new to the car).

https://images.app.goo.gl/Qxow3VqRcN49d9mD8

I’ve tried to add a link which takes you to a google image of the interior my car has.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Personally I'd upgrade to Sync 3. You won't get car play but it's just as good otherwise.

20 hours ago, DaSingh said:

Maybe check the sticky thread with all the details 

Thank you mate, I’ve already had a look at that thread and the touchscreen system that he’s upgraded to is the one that I have as stock. I was hoping more for an aftermarket upgrade or an upgrade to sync 3

19 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Personally I'd upgrade to Sync 3. You won't get car play but it's just as good otherwise.

Would you happen to have any links explaining how to do this? The bloke I spoke with at the ford dealership seemed pretty adamant that doing so wasn’t possible and I’m having no luck finding any answers myself! Appreciate any help/advice you can give

Hi Jodz I went from sync 2 to sync 3 did it myself on here somewhere is all the info you need the person that put it on was banko

1 hour ago, Jodz said:

Would you happen to have any links explaining how to do this? The bloke I spoke with at the ford dealership seemed pretty adamant that doing so wasn’t possible and I’m having no luck finding any answers myself! Appreciate any help/advice you can give

A retrofit like that isn't something a Ford dealer will want anything to do with and is definitely a DIY job. It's far too much hassle for them.

There's a great how-to guide with very detailed instructions and pictures here.

Thank you to the both of you above, that thread is massively useful. Hopefully I’ll manage to source all the parts I need and have the upgrade done in the near future!

@Jodz I am not able to edit my old guide anymore and maybe write there some more points so it will be better if you read the whole thread to have most updated info.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club