Do Not Sell My Personal Information

black roof racks/rails?

Adam Wilson

hello all

I have a 2019 fiesta active and i saw one a day or two ago that had black roof racks/rails and I'm wondering if it is possible to get them anywhere and if they are easy to fit?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2020 at 8:10 PM, Nismex said:

Something like https://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel4_tab.php?emulate=roofbar&query=8649&vptype=691188&brand=Thule WingBar black ?

I haven't bought  set yet, but looking into a roof system for both bikes and box (to interchange)

no no, i mean the actual rails the roof racks would attach to

Ah I see, I have a 2020 active edition and it came with black rails as standard, are yours silver?

2 hours ago, Nismex said:

Ah I see, I have a 2020 active edition and it came with black rails as standard, are yours silver?

yes mine are silver, i have a 2019 Active edition. i believe its the flat base model with no options if thats the reason for the silver rails

1 hour ago, Adam Wilson said:

yes mine are silver, i have a 2019 Active edition. i believe its the flat base model with no options if thats the reason for the silver rails

Usual Ford undocumented differences maybe? I have the same base model, just the 2020 without any extras/options.

What equipment was standards on yours? 

For example on mine it has the tinted rear electric windows, navigation, folding mirrors, led projectors, led rear lights, armrest centre console, cruise control, parking sensors as standard on the base model and the black rails with the new design engine with the timing chain instead of belt.

23 hours ago, Nismex said:

Usual Ford undocumented differences maybe? I have the same base model, just the 2020 without any extras/options.

What equipment was standards on yours? 

For example on mine it has the tinted rear electric windows, navigation, folding mirrors, led projectors, led rear lights, armrest centre console, cruise control, parking sensors as standard on the base model and the black rails with the new design engine with the timing chain instead of belt.

i have the tinted rear windows and led front and rear lights on my car. its full on base model

1 hour ago, Adam Wilson said:

i have the tinted rear windows and led front and rear lights on my car. its full on base model

Wonder why they changed the colour, I can only assume if they were replaceable, that the inside roof liner would need removing, presumably they are bolted on from through the roof into the bars? I can’t seem to see any external bolts.

ill have a look on etis to see if I can find any mention of them being replaced.

On 9/4/2020 at 6:01 PM, Nismex said:

Wonder why they changed the colour, I can only assume if they were replaceable, that the inside roof liner would need removing, presumably they are bolted on from through the roof into the bars? I can’t seem to see any external bolts.

ill have a look on etis to see if I can find any mention of them being replaced.

i would also assume that how they're bolted on, if they did change the colour i don't know what because they suit better in my pinion. maybe its a dealer fitted option?

5 hours ago, Adam Wilson said:

i would also assume that how they're bolted on, if they did change the colour i don't know what because they suit better in my pinion. maybe its a dealer fitted option?

It’s odd the current price lists specify black roof rails as a specific item. Not sure why it changed colour to be honest.

16 hours ago, Nismex said:

It’s odd the current price lists specify black roof rails as a specific item. Not sure why it changed colour to be honest.

sounds like somethings id have to go to ford and discuss, thankyou for the help

On 9/8/2020 at 8:30 AM, Adam Wilson said:

sounds like somethings id have to go to ford and discuss, thankyou for the help

How are you finding the active? I went from a Mk 7.5 and have to say it’s great for my usage, handles bad country roads amazingly, having the slightly higher clearance for when I have to drive into the ditches to allow cars to pass is great,

4 hours ago, Nismex said:

How are you finding the active? I went from a Mk 7.5 and have to say it’s great for my usage, handles bad country roads amazingly, having the slightly higher clearance for when I have to drive into the ditches to allow cars to pass is great,

oh i love it, i had an 07 Corsa D before it and its just miles better. the clearance is amazing for speed-bumps too round my area and i agree it does handle country roads really well

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club