Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK8 door seal water leak

aydamstoidy

Anyone had this? Opened my driver side door and water dripped onto the driveway. Found that the water had come from the door seal and had came out of the small hole at the bottom. It's not leaked into the car so the seals are doing their job but not sure if this is supposed to happen? Coincidentally the same side window is pretty slow when closing and I'm hoping these aren't related at all.

Not had that problem with seals or Windows.

Hm, the car is under warranty till next February so I may have to get it looked at. Seems strange to me that the motor could be at fault in the windows but I doubt it on a 67 plate. Hoping the water dripping out the door seal and the windows going up slowly aren't related in any way though I can see how they would be 

Hopefully this makes more sense with pictures. I'm wondering if it's just a build up of water sitting on the skirts that causes it. The seals are pinned in correctly as you can see but you can see where it leaks from. As for the window the drivers side closes marginally slower than the passenger side so might try some silicone spray 

20200821_132459.jpg

20200821_132453.jpg

20200821_132413.jpg

20200821_132332.jpg

Weirdly enough i noticed this the other day, came on to ask and saw this thread.

spacer.pngspacer.png

This is the inner door seal.  1st image is about the middle of the door, the 2nd is at the back, it is a 3 door model and appears to be perishing as well, anyone else had this issue, 18 plate so wouldn't expect to see this so soon?

2nd image has warn all the way through, haven't noticed any water ingress, though it being the inner seal shouldn't do.

Haven't noticed anything like that with the outer door seal though.

27 minutes ago, Tom44 said:

Weirdly enough i noticed this the other day, came on to ask and saw this thread.

spacer.pngspacer.png

This is the inner door seal.  1st image is about the middle of the door, the 2nd is at the back, it is a 3 door model and appears to be perishing as well, anyone else had this issue, 18 plate so wouldn't expect to see this so soon?

2nd image has warn all the way through, haven't noticed any water ingress, though it being the inner seal shouldn't do.

Haven't noticed anything like that with the outer door seal though.

Strange to be happening on an 18 plate. My seals aren't like that, no visible damage it seems like the water filling on the skirt just goes into the seal somehow? Although I think that's probably not supposed to happen 😝 I'm not sure how yours could have worn like that

4 minutes ago, aydamstoidy said:

Strange to be happening on an 18 plate. My seals aren't like that, no visible damage it seems like the water filling on the skirt just goes into the seal somehow? Although I think that's probably not supposed to happen 😝 I'm not sure how yours could have worn like that

Nor am i, seems strange, almost like they are separating down the seam, would be covered under the warranty do you reckon?

1 hour ago, Tom44 said:

Nor am i, seems strange, almost like they are separating down the seam, would be covered under the warranty do you reckon?

I don't see why not. I will wait to see if anyone else has had a similar issue to mine (water dripping from seals when I open the door) to see if it's worth going through under the warranty. Surely they can't put it down as "wear and tear" on a 2 year old car

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club