Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air conditioning

Akira14

Just a quicky. I've got a mate from work who's got a Golf GTd and he's about to take his car in for a service and they told him that the air conditioning needs servicing as well. 

He asked me and I said I use my air conditioning all year round and have never felt the need nor have I ever been asked about having mine serviced.

So what I'm asking is, is this something any of you guys do or do you think it's all a load of rubbish.

It doesn't 'need' servicing...I suspect they offered him an air conditioning service which is recommended every 2 years on VWs.

AC systems all lose gas over time, some more quickly than others.  If it's still ice cold it really doesn't need doing at all.  If it's chilly but not ice cold, it'll probably benefit from a regas.

An AC clean is separate and is worth doing regularly though, that'll stop the AC from smelling bad and blowing bacteria and mould spores into your face.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

It doesn't 'need' servicing...I suspect they offered him an air conditioning service which is recommended every 2 years on VWs.

Yes, it seems pretty much a standard thing with VW group dealers. SEAT dealer was always pushing it on my Leon and the Mrs's Mii, but I declined. The Mii (now being serviced by the village garage) is now 6 years old and still blows ice cold.

Oddly, when I had Audis the dealer never mentioned it. I enquired when my A3 reached 5 years but they tested it and said it was still fine. (Mind you, they were an independent family firm then, the dealership is now part of a national chain so no doubt it would be a different story now!)

• Like 1

Easy money earner  air CON servicing. Connect pipes, press a couple of buttons and come back 45 mins later to disconnect pipes. Job done 🤑🤑

• Like 1

Cheers guys. I've spoken to him and he said he's told them that he'll get it done at a later date

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club