Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 Heated Seat Repair

Will_L300

Hi All, me again!

I've just purchased and fitted some second hand full leather, electric heated seats for my Titanium. Straight fit as all wiring and switches were present or included. 

Unfortunately the heated side of things wasn't as good a purchase as i'd hoped, as both front seats don't fully work. The driver seat the lower back and bum section work but not the leg part, and the passenger only the leg part works! I've been looking at how to repair them on different sites, and am willing to take the plunge, however, what parts do I need? I think there are different pads for different types of seats? I'm hoping it will just be a case of broken wires as that seems to be quite common.

I've attached a picture of the type i've bought for reference.  Is there separate pads on these for back and base? 

All goes to plan, i'll happily make a guide of some form to help out in the future.

Seats.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

I'm going to tackle the passenger first next week using this guide as a rough guide as it's for Recaro's;

https://www.focusfanatics.com/threads/heated-seat-how-to-fix.142285/

Anyone else tackled this before? Was it an easy fix? Where did you get any replacement pads if repairs weren't possible?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club