Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 2020 Clock Time Wrong

Rocoo

Hi 

My Clock was first resetting to 01:00 every time I restarted my car after been turned off for the night or even 4 hours or more.

Buy it suddenly went back to the correct time for about one week .

Now the time is behind by 26 mins but in the settings it won’t let you adjust the time up but will let you decrease the time .

Example Clock saying 2:00 but correct time is 2:26

i have the option to leave it in the garage as it’s new but I don’t have the time at present 

Think it’s something I can sort myself , with a bit of advice 

Thanks 

You could try resetting the Sync system by doing the following. I don't know if it will help or not. It is also worth checking for Sync updates on the Ford website, https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/  I don't know if it covers Ireland as well.

Resetting the System
  1. Simultaneously press and hold the seek up and the audio unit power buttons until the screen goes black.
  1. Wait three minutes to allow the system to complete the reset.
  1. Press the audio unit power button to switch the system on.
Note:  You can reset the system to restore functionality that has stopped working. The system reset is designed to restore functionality and not delete any data that you have stored.

Thanks but no luck 

software is up today as well 

• 1 month later...

Hi. Same thing happening to my Ford Focus. I have to turn car off open door then close door and turn car back on then it’s ok. Sometimes the time is ok for a week then starts playing up. Did you find a cure. 

My focus shows the correct time (sometime) only when driving in the open. Once the car goes underground the display shows 3:00. It is like the clock has to get gps reception to show time. 

Lad at work has bought a brand new focus and it's doing the same . When he gets round to looking at it , I will post up the fix. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

How about trying "master reset"

Must be a good idea, it's the second time on this thread it's been suggested LOL 🤣

1 minute ago, StephenFord said:

Must be a good idea, it's the second time on this thread it's been suggested LOL 🤣

On 8/22/2020 at 3:44 PM, Rocoo said:

Thanks but no luck 

software is up today as well 

And it didn't work. Perhaps try it twice😂😂😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Comares2001 said:

How about trying "master reset"

Actually 1st suggestion here was for soft reset not master reset(back to factory settings) to be found in sync 3 settings. That's why I suggested it

• Like 1

Lad at work already tried that and it didn't work unfortunately. 

Should the time change automatically with the clocks going back last night or has it got to be done manially?  Just that mine stayed on summer time.

1 minute ago, south_bound said:

Should the time change automatically with the clocks going back last night or has it got to be done manially?  Just that mine stayed on summer time.

Should change automatically, either getting it's sync from an old fashioned FM RDS signal, a more modern DAB signal, or a fragile GPS signal - days of working out how to change the time on a modern vehicle should be in the past... (My 15 year old girl does it via FM!)

All my previous cars were done manually, usually I would get around to it a few weeks after the clocks changed in each direction.  Seems like a step backwards if you can't do it manually any more and the automatic bit doesn't work.

2 minutes ago, south_bound said:

All my previous cars were done manually, usually I would get around to it a few weeks after the clocks changed in each direction.  Seems like a step backwards if you can't do it manually any more and the automatic bit doesn't work.

They all have a manual adjustment too if for some reason the automatic setting doesn't suit you. ...

I've had to manually change mine every time so far .

my dealer said ford is working on software update to solve the problem. so far not to be seen. very frustrating to not be able 

to connect android auto. when the time  showing in sync is not matching the time on the phone it does not connect.

must take the car outside. wait for a few minutes for the time to set and only than connect the phone.  

Thats all right then. It'll probably get sorted in a year or two 😁

14 hours ago, fiestaecoboostman said:

image.thumb.png.a30e0a2ee98268a0b32ce09094a17371.png

You're going to be 2 hours early everywhere if you moved them forward this time... :biggrin: 

I must admit, the clock in the Golf is probably the easiest car clock I've ever had.  Don't even need the ignition on.  Just press the clock button on the left of the clocks, then adjust with the button on the right.  It's so easy I doubt myself every time! :laugh: 

Don't need the ignition on with our Mk2.5 either. Do need to switch the radio on, though. Then it's pretty easy, hit clock button, use arrow buttons to select digit and volume wheel to set time then clock again to exit..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mjt said:

Don't need the ignition on with our Mk2.5 either. Do need to switch the radio on, though. Then it's pretty easy, hit clock button, use arrow buttons to select digit and volume wheel to set time then clock again to exit..

Same as Mk2, though TBH, it automatically changed the time on tuning an FM station and using the RDS signal...

Ha, I've only had the Mk2 12 years and didn't know that. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club