Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 2020 Clock Time Wrong

Rocoo

Last Sunday the clocks went back 1 hour from BST to GMT but my Focus sync 3 did not carry out the change when I switched on in the morning. Set it manually  but after journey the next restarting of the car the clock had gone back to summer time. Eventually cured problem by turning off auto correction by GPS, manually changing clock to GMT correct time and then switching back on GPS. This seems to have cured the problem as since I have made several journeys and it has come up with correct time.

2 minutes ago, billtclark@gmail.com said:

Last Sunday the clocks went back 1 hour from BST to GMT but my Focus sync 3 did not carry out the change when I switched on in the morning. Set it manually  but after journey the next restarting of the car the clock had gone back to summer time. Eventually cured problem by turning off auto correction by GPS, manually changing clock to GMT correct time and then switching back on GPS. This seems to have cured the problem as since I have made several journeys and it has come up with correct time.

Good to see that Ford have made such a straight forward event, that is done twice yearly, so easy to do LOL 🤣

There is a fix if you wait for an over the air update mid next Month or if you can't wait , your dealer can apply the update now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Was wondering if the promised update actually happened. I was trying to download using the car sync update feature, 

But all I get is a message my software is up to date. Other were more fortunate?

Maybe theyll send the update out next March when the clocks change back and everything will be right again.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/22/2020 at 12:24 PM, SPRand said:

Hi. Same thing happening to my Ford Focus. I have to turn car off open door then close door and turn car back on then it’s ok. Sometimes the time is ok for a week then starts playing up. Did you find a cure. 

It just started working , after I have it a good round trip drive about 120 miles 

But now it’s back the same not working correctly 

Casio do a lovely watch for less than a tenner - guaranteed to tell you the correct time 😄

732344161_casiowatch.thumb.jpg.35fe3a65a9df15803ae4f52c86eede05.jpg

2 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Casio do a lovely watch for less than a tenner - guaranteed to tell you the correct time 😄

732344161_casiowatch.thumb.jpg.35fe3a65a9df15803ae4f52c86eede05.jpg

If you can work out how to set it up at the right time in the first place

• Haha 1

Just now, iantt said:

If you can work out how to set it up at the right time in the first place

Now, that's something I can talk you through quite easily having sold my first casios in the early 80s, those calculator watches were real buggers LOL

this sounds like ford owners are almost two years late the the party

WNRO April 2019

to make Nav satellite's cheap and reliable some really clever person decided to make the clock software really basic, as they don't tend to stay in orbit longer than 15 years the clocks all roll round in 19 year cycles.  No one in car manufacturing realised the potential fun.  

in 2019 most satellites decided it was year 0 and many devices threw their teddies, Nav still worked but the time, the date, time of arrival, daylight saving etc lost the plot.  Mercedes were fixing this from Dec 2019.  On the 2005 to 2013 S class they decided they couldn't be bothered to fix it.  So a USA guy hacked a software update disc, worked out what to do and released his own fix.  If you disconnected the battery the car date was stuck in 2003 forever.  I loaded his fix on mine more than a year ago.

If you hunt it down you can fix old tomtom's where the manu can't be bothered to sort the date

GPS Time started on Jan 6, 1980
•The first GPS Time Epoch ended on Aug 21/22 1999.
•GPS Time is presently in its third Epoch (19 year cycle) after the second Epoch ended on April 6, 2019
•It’s up to the user receiver to resolve this week number ambiguity
•Newer receivers fully compliant with GPS ICD should handle this event OK
•Modernised GPS Navigation (CNAV and MNAV) messages use a 13-bit representation of the GPS week number, which for all practical purposes solves this ambiguity

1 hour ago, Botus said:

in other words ford need to release a software update....  

They apparently have back in november

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I know I'm late to the party but anyone got an actual fix? My dealer applied the supposed update but no luck. Clock resets to 1am every time it loses GPS and Android Auto won't work until it finds it. On top of that there is a concurrency issue where it finds the GPS but doesn't update the clock. I have to turn off the car and back on for the clock to update and Android Auto to work. Can't believe I'm typing this in 2022.. I have a Ford Focus 2020 btw.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club