Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kuga phev recall

Nems

Blimey how much is that going to cost them?  Sounds like they know they can't fix it yet.

2 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

Blimey how much is that going to cost them?  Sounds like they know they can't fix it yet.

Ouch!! That will cost plenty! 

Doesn’t help me - my nearest BP station is 25 minutes away! Anyone know a good lawyer!

I went looking at other cars today in case I reject the Kuga.

I was told that if a vehicle is returned to the dealership for a fault, or its is deemed unfit for purpose then the clock stops. I have checked this out with the Consumer Rights Act and verified it as correct. So, I have had mine for 20 days and it is now back in possession of the dealership. I have refused to accept it unless, and until, the fault is rectified completely. I therefore have another 10 days, after they have rectified the fault, to reject the vehicle and demand a full refund.  As similar situation applies in the first 6 months except that the dealer can insist on a reduction for wear and tear. They are not allowed to "drag their feet" to expire the 30 days or six months.

I still have not had ANY official written communications from Ford. The vehicle is now stored in an open air compound at the dealership collect dust and goodness knows what else.

So have had my Kuga PHEV on order for over a month now, its actually sat in the showroom but they are not allowed to deliver it.  Despite trying several times to communicate with Ford I get bland wishy washy responses about getting back to you but they never do. My dealership has now phoned offering me my deposit back (I was the 11th customer he has called today) or accept another model as they dont have any date for a fix to the charging issue

Daily Mail have printed a similar story today.

The Salesman rang me this evening and told me that Ford have sent a long message to Dealerships dated today. It merely confirms that the fix is likely to take months rather than weeks. It also said that all owners will get free 3 years service and breakdown cover as well as courtesy cars. It is also confirmed that we will get £500 petrol vouchers and all this will be confirmed in the next 3 weeks by letter.  I will believe it when it arrives and not before.

I told the salesman that all this customer dissatisfaction could have been avoided if Ford had communicated with their customers.  He would not send me a copy of the message they had received.

Customers with cars on order were also mentioned in the message but, to what effect, I do not know.

I saw it in the daily mail too. Not the best advert for ford and electric vehicles  at present. 

We had call of salesman saying going to be months instead of weeks , no effort for people that ordered cars and waiting, as just left in limbo , what incentives are they going to offer us , surely we should be counted in this !! 

I’ve just had my deposit returned after placing an order for the phev as well. 

I hear the fhev, ie non plug in version is coming out in December. Has anyone else heard anything about that model?

What are the rules about rejecting the car.  I picked mine up 16th June.  Is it too late?

Has anyone received the £500 fuel card that we have been promised ?
My last communication with Ford Customer Relations dated 8th October said  it would be with me “in a week or two”

Anybody got an update ?

6 hours ago, rjcuser said:

What I can't find in the Which report and saw in the Consumer Rights Act is that, as soon as you return the vehicle to the dealer, the "clock" stops. So, if you returned it before 30 days were up in July, I read it that you can ask for an immediate refund without any deduction for wear and tear.  After that you may have to haggle. For example, I bought mine on 4 September 2020 and returned it when it broke down about 2 weeks later. I refused to accept it back after a temporary fix and the vehicle has been at the delaership ever since. I believe that I can reject itat any time and ask for a full refund. As it now appears that it is going to be months before a fix MAY BE available I am looking at my options.

9 minutes ago, Nems said:

Has anyone received the £500 fuel card that we have been promised ?
My last communication with Ford Customer Relations dated 8th October said  it would be with me “in a week or two”

Anybody got an update ?

No fuel allowance yet for me.  I have not had any "snail mail" communication from Ford whatsoever. I did get an email yesterday which promised ONLY a 3 year service offer. It came from the Ford Managing Director UK. That service offer ONLY includes an inspection in year one, a full service in year two and an inspection in year three. I sense some back tracking here.

I was told the fuel card would take up to three weeks

Hi our car is/was on order , looked at others car close to it , not to good , most of other cars smaller in comparison, our salesman said we could cancel at any time , 📞 called different dealers to see if story the same !!

latest one said on fix being months now , and that new hybrid being released in December maybe to distract from what’s gone on with phevs 

On 10/17/2020 at 3:15 PM, DBRM said:

I hear the fhev, ie non plug in version is coming out in December. Has anyone else heard anything about that model?

Been talking to my dealer (peoples) today about the fhev

Told me there's nothing on the system about it for the next quarter so have ordered a 1.5 diesel from stock.

On 10/17/2020 at 3:15 PM, DBRM said:

10 minutes ago, Peddy said:

Been talking to my dealer (peoples) today about the fhev

Told me there's nothing on the system about it for the next quarter so have ordered a 1.5 diesel from stock.

Screenshot_2020-10-24-20-58-38-272_com.microsoft.office.outlook.jpg

I'm led to believe ford use the same battery supplier as BMW and mini. So all suffering the same battery contamination. 

Had the email confirming fix found. The recall letter will be coming out and the vehicles will be repaired in bought order. Fuel card still awaited. 

Hi is it possible to get copy of email , as we’ve got new car on order and waiting for good news this seems like many thks 

Boy, I’ve had an Edge for the last 3.5 years and have a Kuga on order. I am very glad to say I stuck with the 190PS diesel Auto. What a complete mess. I feel very sorry for all the PHEV owners out there. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club