Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Vignale 8 speed auto

John Hallett

I know Ford reserve the right to change specifications but there must be a point at which the changes could be considered as major and you have the right to reject the car. Let's face it they can't be bothered to even update the current online brochure to reflect the spec changes! It still says the 1.5 petrol engine is available when we all know it isn't...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

must be the same people behind the fiasco with Sync3.4 and F9 maps

• Like 1

I thank everyone for there comments, I think it shows that Ford have a real communication problem. I have had several emails from them about this gearbox trying to fob me off with a load  of rubbish, all I want to know from them is what the L button on the 8 speed auto is for but they have just given me the run around, they pompously informed to look at the online handbook but there is no mention of the 8speed with an L button , I replied that I fact they should look them self’s and get back to me , they haven’t replied!
There is no information whether you can engage L mode when driving or you have to be stationary, whether it keeps a low ratio through all the gears or just maintains it in one gear. I know how it all works but I feel Ford should inform the customer. Would be a good idea if they spell check their handbook with the queens English dictionary as well.😂😂

On 8/28/2020 at 8:04 PM, John Hallett said:

I thank everyone for there comments, I think it shows that Ford have a real communication problem. I have had several emails from them about this gearbox trying to fob me off with a load  of rubbish, all I want to know from them is what the L button on the 8 speed auto is for but they have just given me the run around, they pompously informed to look at the online handbook but there is no mention of the 8speed with an L button , I replied that I fact they should look them self’s and get back to me , they haven’t replied!
There is no information whether you can engage L mode when driving or you have to be stationary, whether it keeps a low ratio through all the gears or just maintains it in one gear. I know how it all works but I feel Ford should inform the customer. Would be a good idea if they spell check their handbook with the queens English dictionary as well.😂😂

Maybe it’s a feature for the Focus Active , they’ve accidentally put in your Vignale. 
They’ve always tried to make the Active as an off road crossover , (which it isn’t) but sounds like it’d make more sense than in the Vignale. 

what about a gear rotary dial meant for a foreign country ..

• Like 1

I will try and get some answers next week and post it on here, had a quick look through the operating systems of the new 8 speed autos but none of them mention L or M modes... Maybe this is why the question can't be answered. 

• Thanks 1

Or L could mean the same as in the Tesla S  ie " Ludicrous"

The only thing I use that button for is leaving it in neutral when I work on them 😂

10 hours ago, MasterTechTip said:

The only thing I use that button for is leaving it in neutral when I work on them 😂

Off OP (apologise). Have you had any mk4s in with lumber support on electric drivers seat not working? 

2 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Off OP (apologise). Have you had any mk4s in with lumber support on electric drivers seat not working? 

Can't say I have, does the rest of your seat work fine?

There used to be an issue on Cmaxs where the electric lumbar support used to short and trip the whole seat. 

38 minutes ago, MasterTechTip said:

Can't say I have, does the rest of your seat work fine?

There used to be an issue on Cmaxs where the electric lumbar support used to short and trip the whole seat. 

Yeah , all works. I don’t even use the lumber support but realising it’s not working , the cars 10months old , best get it fixed under warranty? I’d have taken it to the dealer earlier if not for the virus situation. 

12 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Yeah , all works. I don’t even use the lumber support but realising it’s not working , the cars 10months old , best get it fixed under warranty? I’d have taken it to the dealer earlier if not for the virus situation. 

Yeah definitely take it, it might be worth thinking about leaving it there for 3 days+ as I imagine it'll be a seat removal and strip job and then wait for parts to come.

• Thanks 1

When I ordered by ST Line X auto the dealer said Ford were doing away with padels because no one used them. Fortunately my car 2019 came with padels.

Shame if this is the case because I do use them.

Although I rarely use them I would still want a proper semi auto option to be there.

• Like 2

My electric lumbar works fine on my STX. I've no idea why they made it a round button, it gives the impression of being able to be pumped up in 4 directions when in reality it just has inflate or deflate functionality.

I use the paddles when I feel the car needs to be in a higher or lower gear even in D mode, sometimes it lets me do it, sometimes it doesn't.

When I was first looking for a replacement car I looked at getting a Fiesta Vig, I noted they came with the sunroof as standard, from 2020 I note that they've upped the price but dropped the sunroof as standard, very cheeky! I think this coincided with given all the cars "edition" after the model type, which (imho) doesn't make them any more appealing so I've no idea who thought it would be a good idea 🙄

4 hours ago, SDHXIII said:

When I ordered by ST Line X auto the dealer said Ford were doing away with padels because no one used them. 

Just slipping the tinfoil on my head for a moment, perhaps it's part of the ongoing conspiracy to make driving a combustion engined car such a pain in the bum we all go electric asap?😀

Seriously though, there's no way I'd buy an automatic with a rotary gear selector, or the ridiculous mini switch that VW group are now fitting, unless it came with paddles.

1 hour ago, Frowma said:

When I was first looking for a replacement car I looked at getting a Fiesta Vig, I noted they came with the sunroof as standard, from 2020 I note that they've upped the price but dropped the sunroof as standard, very cheeky! I think this coincided with given all the cars "edition" after the model type, which (imho) doesn't make them any more appealing so I've no idea who thought it would be a good idea 🙄

I don't think many people are bothered by the roof?  I'd rather have the sunglasses holder myself!  Pan rooves are always dirty and they will eventually leak or break...give it a few years and the forum will be full of people asking about roof repairs...

The 'Edition' addition is weird though...it makes them sound worse imo!  Has the same connotations as adding 'Line' to everything that's not quite as good as the one you actually want!  ST-Line, R-line, S-line, AMG-line, GT-line...  Feels like very odd marketing to me, why would you want to advertise something as being slightly worse than another model!?  The Zetec S branding made much more sense, as the S showed it was like a Zetec but with more.  Rather than being like an ST but with less...  They even still use the conventional system with the 'X' to show that X models come with more than the basic ST-Line/Titanium!

I must admit, I'm often disappointed walking past cars when I see the 'line'!  There's a particularly clean Golf R in Lapiz Blue near me, really stands out and draws the eye...right to the R-Line badge on the grill!!  :yucky: :laugh: 

Just waiting for Tesco to start labelling the value range as Finest-Line tbh... :biggrin: 

46 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't think many people are bothered by the roof?  I'd rather have the sunglasses holder myself!  Pan rooves are always dirty and they will eventually leak or break...give it a few years and the forum will be full of people asking about roof repairs...

Yeah, you're right, thing is me and the missus are old school and remember the pre-ac days and like a hole in the roof. It's one of the reasons I picked the car I have as the first owner specced the roof. The last new car I bought was back in 98, it was a Fiat Bravo and it came with a sunroof but you could have AC instead at no cost, I added the AC and kept the roof too, not 100% sure but I think it was a £250 option.

• Like 1

when I spoke to ford they said the two autos were options........... no option when I specified  my car.

I have an answer for this sorry couldn't find the thread! Basically it's the same as the multilink suspension... Cost cutting, the ST variants still get the flappy paddles and M button, all other vehicles get the L with no flappy paddles. Can also confirm L is low gear and M is manual for paddles. 

• Like 4

Have Ford put IRS in the Focus that have the 155 hybrid? 

8 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Have Ford put IRS in the Focus that have the 155 hybrid? 

When we get a new one in I'll have a look. Might be dependent on spec as only STX and vignale are getting it at the moment

• Like 1

The more this cost-cutting happens the less inclined I am to renew my PCP with Ford.  Even with privilege discount it's increasingly not worth the money.

4 hours ago, MasterTechTip said:

When we get a new one in I'll have a look. Might be dependent on spec as only STX and vignale are getting it at the moment

*active, Vignale and estates .

I have a STX 1.5L with torsion beam . 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club