Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Vignale 8 speed auto

John Hallett

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

*active, Vignale and estates .

I have a STX 1.5L with torsion beam . 

Oh really, my mistake thought the STXs would have had it for sure! That's ridiculous

26 minutes ago, MasterTechTip said:

Oh really, my mistake thought the STXs would have had it for sure! That's ridiculous

As of May 2019. I ordered mine July 2019 fully expecting the multi link. Found out a few weeks before it arrived. 
Apparently it’s a twist beam (?) same as what’s in the fiesta ST...

Forduk on twitter told me it was changed cause the twist beam was as good as the multi link but couldn’t give me an answer when I asked why if that’s the case,  why it’s been kept in active and Vignale .

I can confirm the estates still have the multi link, I have an August 2019 STX wagon with it 👌

I made sure by getting the estate and 2 ltr diesel which I think has it in any combination.  In reality I probably wouldn't even notice any difference, but its really important now that I know I have it.

• Haha 2

I have a September 2019 build 2 ltr diesel STX and it has IRS. 

33 minutes ago, MarkRS9 said:

I have a September 2019 build 2 ltr diesel STX and it has IRS. 

Estate? 2L diesel maybe the exception. 🤷‍♂️ 
May 2019 was the cut off date for almost all the higher spec Focus 

4 hours ago, south_bound said:

but its really important now that I know I have it.

For me too , knowing I don’t have it! 

4 hours ago, Frowma said:

I can confirm the estates still have the multi link, I have an August 2019 STX wagon with it 👌

👌 for you 

On 9/9/2020 at 7:44 PM, Alex.S said:

👌 for you 

I had to get some new tiles for our bathroom yesterday, came to just under 300kilos in the boot section, the weight dropped the rear quite a bit, could just about see the top of the tyre under the arch. I pumped the tyres up to the recommended full load pressure and I hardly noticed that extra weight was in the back, really impressed.

18 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

How big's your bathroom? 😮 

It isn't that big but it is tiled floor to ceiling, 18 square meters for all 4 walls. 18 boxes of tiles at 16kilos per box plus two tubs of tile cement, grout and the most weighty thing was a bag of plastic spacers!

• Like 1

I take it the false floor in the estate took the weight without collapsing?

I redid the floor tiles for the whole house this summer - 2 pallets plus 20x25kg bags of tile adhesive.  Didn't risk putting it in the back of the car but took a couple of trips with the trailer and the 2 ltr engine did a good job of pulling it without effort compared to my previous 1.6 TDCi

Well this thread is a bit of a disappointing read. I was expecting I'd buy a Focus Vignale once I get tired of my 2017 TitX Mk3.5 but no longer getting a manual override is a big negative! I don't use it often but sometimes it's fun to go into sport manual and use the paddles to shift up and down. Very disappointed it's been dropped from 2020 onwards, as it'll likely be 2023 before I replace the car. Maybe the paddles will come back in a year at which point I'll know to look at 2021+ cars 😄

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

the L button is for a Low Gear Mode. It only allows operation of 1st and 2nd gears, reduces the output speed but gives the full torque. So useful if towing up a steep hill reducing the engines load. It will also be the mode to select when driving in the snow or on icy roads. The demonstrator vehicle at our dealership had the L box, so I asked why it didnt say M like all the specs I had seen and this was the reasoning he gave me. You dont get the flappy paddles, with this box. 

On 9/14/2020 at 3:56 PM, south_bound said:

I take it the false floor in the estate took the weight without collapsing?

Yeah, that was all good, I spread the load across the rear bay as best I could. I didn't even think about the false floor not being able to take the weight! It is quite thick and sturdy.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club