Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Accident, a hit from behind causes a fault with AutoStartStop !!

Eng_Ahmad1986
聽Share

hello to all,聽

Unfortunately I had a terrible聽accident, a car ( whose driver said that the brakes suddenly failed聽馃槨聽)聽hit me from behind as shown in the picture, my little baby聽is at the dealer now for repairs, but I was surprised about something which I don't know what it has got to do with the accident and I want to share it with you.

after the accident I installed the spare tire, to be able to move the vehicle, when I聽press on the brakes bringing the vehicle to a complete stop,聽the auto start stop refuses to stop the engine with a message ( engine on due to steering !! ), even though the steering wheel points straight forward so as the front wheels !!

it should be noted that no errors or warning lights are on.

The hit was from behind as you see, the vehicle's front is ok, and airbags were not deployed, steering system works fine,聽 so why this happened do you think ? what went wrong with the auto start stop system , and what is the relation between it and the accident ?!! I told them at the dealer and their聽first impression is that this fault has nothing to do with the accident but they will check.

did the accident caused a sensor somewhere to move and give false readings for example? I don't know !! could any one explain ?

thank you for considering 馃檪

accident.jpg

• Sad 1