Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 bluetooth music skipping

Guy Heaton

When I'm streaming bluetooth music from my phone it skips.  My daughter's phone doesn't skip and this and a bit of research showed me it is because my phone is connected for everything, fordpass, contacts, media etc.and this overloads the connection

But hers was only connected for media so was ok.

Has anyone else found this?  I don't want to only use the phone as media.  I know I could use a USB stick but is there anyway to improve the bluetooth bandwidth?

I’ve got all those connected. Doesn’t skip..No contacts would mean u couldn’t call anybody. 
What music subscription do you have? Or is it mp3 that you own? 

Mine doesn't skip either, all working fine. Mk3.5. Sync 3.0

Android, Spotify

• 3 weeks later...

I figured it out. If it's downloaded songs on the phone it's fine.  If it's streaming the songs from 4g then bluetooth it sometimes skips.

1 hour ago, Guy Heaton said:

I figured it out. If it's downloaded songs on the phone it's fine.  If it's streaming the songs from 4g then Bluetooth it sometimes skips.

Due to a poor signal? I rarely stream but yeah I’ve had loss of connection. I got a 2nd hand iPhone with a huge 256gb memory . Got over 10gb of music , hardly ever need my data. Is it Spotify you have Guy? 

How does voice recognition work with amazon music? I assume you speak to Alexa? But that must be through your phone? Which will be Apples Siri or hey google. Then there’s sync voice too! Gets complicated 

I’ve got Apple music on an iPhone so narrowed down to Siri and sync . If I were to open google maps in Applecarplay it’s a 3rd voice! 

There is this option-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114281945107

Wifey has ordered me one to see if it's any good.
Problem with Alexa on amazon music is that the phone must not be on screenlock for voice interaction to work and Ford only offered the Alexa app for US markets so won't play music off amazon in the uk.
I'll give it a bash when it arrives and report back.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Looks like an interesting product..I’ve got an echo dot in the house. 

Having to mount it (lol) on the air vents isn’t ideal tho. 
I’m hoping for wireless CarPlay. I think BMW have it already (not android compatible at all) I read. Knowing Ford could be years. 
is android auto already wireless ? 
your link shows the Apple music logo . The screen lock issue is a problem. 

It won't be vent mounted, getting some spare adhesive discs so I can stick it on a magnetic mount somewhere.
Apparently the supplied vent mount doesn't fit my vent type anyway.
Failing that I'll just shove it in the slot in front of the gearstick and see how it goes.

Update- got and fitted my Alexa auto, in the instructions it says not compatible with fiesta so got a bit twitchy thinking it would have problems pairing.

In fact the set-up took less than a minute, you just add the device in the Alexa app on your phone, couple of small extra steps and job done.

Positioning is a bit fussy though, vent mounting on a mk4 focus is not particularly suitable so I got some adhesive velcro pads and stuck to the side of the console near my left knee for now to allow clear voice reception and a shorter (15cm) usb cable to avoid reams of spare cable showing.

The kit comes with a longer one and also a double usb dongle for power.

I may look to modifying the included bracket to make it work for me at some point.

What’s the advantages of it ? Compared to just using the steering wheel button for Apple music / google etc ?

You can use voice search for anything on amazon music plus it gives you full Alexa access too (as long as you have Alexa on your phone).
Tbh it's more of a bluetooth microphone but saves the hassle of Alexa not being available when your phone is screen locked.

I have currently reverted to the original car mount as it seems to be holding ok, the velcro i was using doesn't hold well on textured trim.

The cable is routed down the passenger side of the centre console and tucked through the deep cutouts ford added to the centre storage area.
8d0431878bbb13e3ea4f2740b84d0316.gif

You not better using Siri or hey google? I had a free trial of amazon music, it was getting confused cause the phone wants u to talk to Siri yet it’s Alexa you need to talk to. It’s the only reason I use Apple music, compatibility. 
For smart Speakers (microphone in your case) Alexa is very good though ..

I stick with android and amazon music.

Can't stand apple devices as the system is too restrictive of third party apps and music.

Alexa also links to my home via echo devices so I can control heating, lights and do drop-in conversations with family & friends.

2 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Alexa also links to my home via echo devices so I can control heating, lights and do drop-in conversations with family & friends.

I’ve got an echo dot. Of all the virtual assistants it’s best. Sounds like you’ve got a good set up there. 

Alexa ignores me sometimes and doesn't like my wife's Belfast accent much either. [emoji1787]

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Alexa ignores me sometimes and doesn't like my wife's Belfast accent much either. emoji1787.png

I’m from Glasgow....

I’m from Glasgow....

Well that's you nackered then [emoji23]

5 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Well that's you nackered then emoji23.png

Sent from my SM-G965F using 

Half the time my echo's don't understand me and i have a pretty neutral accent.

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

Half the time my echo's don't understand me and i have a pretty neutral accent.

A neutral accent!?! You sure you’re from Devon ? 

Nope, just travelled a lot and now work with a lot of people from different regions.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club