Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre Pressure

britton5

So my partner has a 14 plate fiesta. 

Her tyre pressure light came up on the dashboard, so I put air in them and it stayed on. 

I then reset the tyre sensor and it has vanished now. 

So providing there isn't a puncture, is this all good and OK? 

Thanks 

Did you put the right amount of air in to the correct pressure?

If the TPMS light comes back on again then you’ve got a problem. Otherwise you’re fine. 

The front I put bang on, and the rear I went to 29 I think which I know is slightly over. 

But originally, the dash came up saying check tyre pressure and they was all low 20s psi. 

But I did go for a drive after I reset it for about 10 minutes and it didn't come back on 

7 minutes ago, britton5 said:

The front I put bang on, and the rear I went to 29 I think which I know is slightly over. 

But originally, the dash came up saying check tyre pressure and they was all low 20s psi. 

But I did go for a drive after I reset it for about 10 minutes and it didn't come back on 

Keep an eye on it, and if the TPMS comes back on then figure out which tyre is lower than the rest. That’s the one that’s leaking. 

3 minutes ago, The Finance Guy said:

Keep an eye on it, and if the TPMS comes back on then figure out which tyre is lower than the rest. That’s the one that’s leaking. 

I did a quick visual check and couldn't see anything and none of them looked super flat. So I think they just naturally lost a bit of air. 

But if it's a puncture, then so be it. I was just checking it was OK to do the reset etc and have no repurcussions from it. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, britton5 said:

I did a quick visual check and couldn't see anything and none of them looked super flat. So I think they just naturally lost a bit of air. 

But if it's a puncture, then so be it. I was just checking it was OK to do the reset etc and have no repurcussions from it. 

The TPMS came on in my ST last night too. Weird. I wonder if maybe the sudden change in temperature has affected the pressures. 

Air temp and pressure does affect it for sure.
On my previous car the warning came on as the car was parked in a very cold area but on driving it for 5 minutes the tyres warmed up and the warning went off.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Tyres generally have to be around 25% below set pressure before TPMS triggers an alert. Trouble is with low profile tyres they can be that low without being visually obvious. All underlines why you should still check tyres regularly with your own gauge.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club