Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel

Gary Lewis

Hi all the age old question I have an ecoboost 140 is there any benefits running it on premium unleaded or the standard stuff 

Can't answer for sure but I doubt it.

3 hours ago, Gary Lewis said:

Hi all the age old question I have an ecoboost 140 is there any benefits running it on premium unleaded or the standard stuff 

The higher the RON of your petrol, the more efficiently it will burn in your car’s engine. If you have a high-performance sports car you may be pleased to know that the chances of it ‘knocking’ will be reduced. (‘Knocking’ is when unburned fuel pre-ignites in your engine.) Standard cars don’t usually suffer from knocking as much, as their engines don’t have the same high compression rates as high-performance sports cars.

As a general rule of thumb you might want to opt for a premium fuel every 1,000 miles or so, but there’s no reason to use it every time you fill up unless you have a high-performance sports car.

It has been mentioned many times before. Some engines in the past had to be run on Super, as they wouldn't run right normal stuff. However our Ecoboost is perfectly Ok with running on standard 95 octane stuff. If you normally fill your car with cheap supermarket petrol, then put a tank (or few) of Shell V-power, then you may get a difference, due to the extra detergents, additives and octane V-power gives you. However if you normally use premium fuels (Shell BP, etc) you'll probably won't notice the difference when using their Super stuff. You will only feel lighter in your back pocket!!!

No idea but I doubt it - been using the standard stuff and never had a problem. 
Personally I think that putting the premium stuff in is a waste of money on a 1.0 Ecoboost but each to their own! 

Not sure it would even be worth doing every 1000 miles or so, in my eyes it’s a bit like having a salad for lunch one day a week and then saying you’re on a diet - not really as it’s not done often enough to have a chance to make any difference

I have an ecoboost 140 (Red Edition) and it makes no difference to power or fuel economy that I can notice whether I buy Shell premium fuel or the supermarket cheapest unleaded.

Thanks for replying I've had so many problems with this car I'm going through every avenue as to why it's always in the garage 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club