Do Not Sell My Personal Information

xtrons dab

mrmetallica

ive installed the xtrons head unit in the 09 focus but the dab signal is not very good. i had dab previously so got a y splitter to connect the dab and gps to dab ariel but the signal is not very strong so ive tried using the dab ariel that comes with it its slightly better but not perfect any ideas what i can try ?

Maybe a dab signal booster would help never tried one but maybe worth a go. Sometimes a better aerial will help also. 

Next week I'm installing a powered 'splitter' to take the signal off my standard roof aerial and feed it to my DAB. My current sticky windscreen one is OK, but not great. I'll let you know if it's an improvement.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

Maybe a dab signal booster would help never tried one but maybe worth a go. Sometimes a better aerial will help also. 

ive already got a dab ariel as my old head unit was dab and i had no problems with signal so dont understand

6 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Next week I'm installing a powered 'splitter' to take the signal off my standard roof aerial and feed it to my DAB. My current sticky windscreen one is OK, but not great. I'll let you know if it's an improvement.

ok cheers look forward to the results do you have a link to one ?

2 minutes ago, mrmetallica said:

... so dont understand

Join the club LOL 😁

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Join the club LOL 😁

can you give me a link ?

2 minutes ago, mrmetallica said:

can you give me a link ?

This is the splitter I bought, though I needed a few adapters for all the connectors to work! Just haven't got round to fitting it yet.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DAB-Radio-Car-Stereos-Aerial-Splitter-Antenna-for-Sony-JVC-Blaupunkt-Headunits/271011041309?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I bought a USB DAB reciever - like this one (they're all pretty similar). I then got a Fakra to MCX cable - this is the exact listing I bought about a year ago. Since installing these 2 I've had 0 DAB drop outs using the DAB-Z app. The DAB+ app that comes with the unit is pretty crappy, so I recommend downloading DAB-Z from the XDA developers Forum.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

I bought a USB DAB reciever - like this one (they're all pretty similar). I then got a Fakra to MCX cable - this is the exact listing I bought about a year ago. Since installing these 2 I've had 0 DAB drop outs using the DAB-Z app. The DAB+ app that comes with the unit is pretty crappy, so I recommend downloading DAB-Z from the XDA developers Forum.

cant find it on there

11 hours ago, mrmetallica said:

cant find it on there

DAB-Z? It's not that hard to find on Google, clickly here

Edit: looks like it's actually on Google Play now so should be even easier to find. I haven't looked at updating mine since I installed it a year ago lol.

• Haha 2

i noticed the dab connector was turning around when i connected the aerial to it so i tightened the connector on the dab un it up just put it all back together and the signal is really strong now after ordering a booster

• Haha 3

Just goes to prove that most DAB issues involve a lack of signal, whether you are in a poor coverage area, a poor aerial, or simply not attaching the aerial connector properly LOL I'm hoping my powered signal splitter wll work for me...

i go out in car today and the signal is back all over the place. i dont understand i neve had an issue with the originall head unit and dab.

will install signall booster see how it goes

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club