Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First Edge purchase

Baileymex

Morning all

This is my first post on this forum, as I have just put a deposit down on a 2016 Edge Sport that I am collecting next Friday.

I had been looking for ages for a certain spec, colour, mileage etc, and finally found something that almost ticked all the boxes,

It’s a Kona Blue Sport and it’s in really good condition, so looking forward to seeing how well it behaves over the coming years.

I’ve got a few niggling questions which I’ll post separately under individual topics, but thanks in advance for any help and guidance that can be given.

Thanks 

• Like 2

Thanks David
Should be collecting the car at the end of the week/weekend. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well we got the car this weekend after all, a week later than planned as I asked them to do a couple of bits to it before I took it.

Anyway, first impressions are good, found out since first putting the deposit down it had the LUX pack which had some nice features, seems to drive fine, nice and smooth on the motorway, and as expected around town.

Voice control on the SYNC 2 is a bit hit and miss and not as clever as my A5 but i'm sure i'll figure it out, got the bluetooth streaming music which sounds decent. the kids LOVE it which helps. Need to address the candles in the headlights as has been mentioned on here multiple times I've seen 😂

Anyway, it looks at home on the drive, just need to find the Mondeo a new owner now.

20200911_150114 2.jpg

20200912_185653 2.jpg

• Like 2

Looks nice and shiny. I don’t use the Ford voice control, but for phone I use Siri on the iPhone. If you have an iPhone, a short press on the voice button gives you Ford voice control, but if you press and hold it gives you Siri. May also do android voice control but I don’t have one of them to confirm. I phone and send text messages by voice. 

1 minute ago, Edge of Reason said:

Looks nice and shiny. I don’t use the Ford voice control, but for phone I use Siri on the iPhone. If you have an iPhone, a short press on the voice button gives you Ford voice control, but if you press and hold it gives you Siri. May also do android voice control but I don’t have one of them to confirm. I phone and send text messages by voice. 

Hi Ian,

Thanks, going to be giving it a good detail and polish probably next weekend, the dealer did a typical dealer wash, so needs doing properly.

I'm an Android user at present, will look into compatibility 👍

2 hours ago, Baileymex said:

Well we got the car this weekend after all, a week later than planned as I asked them to do a couple of bits to it before I took it.

Anyway, first impressions are good, found out since first putting the deposit down it had the LUX pack which had some nice features, seems to drive fine, nice and smooth on the motorway, and as expected around town.

Voice control on the SYNC 2 is a bit hit and miss and not as clever as my A5 but i'm sure i'll figure it out, got the Bluetooth streaming music which sounds decent. the kids LOVE it which helps. Need to address the candles in the headlights as has been mentioned on here multiple times I've seen 😂

Anyway, it looks at home on the drive, just need to find the Mondeo a new owner now.

20200911_150114 2.jpg

20200912_185653 2.jpg

That edge is deffo the best looking car on the driveway! 

They are a stunning car, I really love them. Had mine just a couple of weeks on a 17 plate in platinum white. 

• Like 1

Hi All

I am android user, Samsung galaxy, not really apple fan. Have had no probs with phone blue toothed to Sync 2. I noticed that when I get a call the various ringtones that I have set up on my phone ring through Sync so that I can still keep track through personalized ring tones that I use.
To play my music I just plug usb stick into usb socket under front storage flap (used to be known as ashtray) with my music as mp3 files which play fine with no probs.
I don't use the voice commands, just something never got round to trying, but as cope ok without don't really miss them. Can still use steering wheel controls to select who I want to phone as my mobile phone directory available as part of b/tooth link.
With the lux pack (my Edge 2016 Titanium 6 speed manual with lux pack, heated/cooled front seats, etc) you get larger sync screen and couple more Speakers if memory serves me correctly.

Stay safe

Happy motoring

Dave

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Cheers all, I'll figure it out, its all new at the moment, just got used to using voice activation in the A5 and its different key words, but all good so far.

• 4 weeks later...

So nearly a month in of Edge ownership, and I must say I'm over the moon with it, still finding out bits it has and features that I didn't realise it had.

The Intelligent AWD display is nice touch once found! and the Nav and audio system seen good so far, still not mastered the voice activation yet but getting there.

Only done about 700 miles so far and nothing has fallen off or broken so fingers crossed that continues.

And yes, I've had loads of people asking 'What is it?' 😂😂

I’ve had mine for three and a half years and locally I think I’ve only seen 3 other Edges in that time. Strangely I went for a week in the Lake District last month and saw about 10 that week. Still very rare all the same and literally a dying breed now. It’s a lovely big roomy and comfortable car, though not really suited to some of the Lake District passes I ventured on !  I still thoroughly enjoy my Edge, but I’ll be changing it soon for a new Kuga. It’s getting built in less than a fortnight, so probably early to mid November before it reached the UK and gets its PDI. I’ll miss the big beast when it goes, but the value may drop drastically if I keep it much longer. 

9 hours ago, Edge of Reason said:

I’ve had mine for three and a half years and locally I think I’ve only seen 3 other Edges in that time. Strangely I went for a week in the Lake District last month and saw about 10 that week. Still very rare all the same and literally a dying breed now. It’s a lovely big roomy and comfortable car, though not really suited to some of the Lake District passes I ventured on !  I still thoroughly enjoy my Edge, but I’ll be changing it soon for a new Kuga. It’s getting built in less than a fortnight, so probably early to mid November before it reached the UK and gets its PDI. I’ll miss the big beast when it goes, but the value may drop drastically if I keep it much longer. 

Agreed, I've not seen another where I live at all, the odd one on the Motorway when out travelling but compared to the Discovery Sport which my wife wanted its 1 Edge to about 200 Discovery Sports 🤣🤣

• 10 months later...

Well after a year of ownership it is still going strong. mind you, I've done less than 6,000 miles in a year due to lockdowns etc.

Everything is working how is should be, and all I have done is upgrade the halogen bulbs to LED's and they are much better now.

MOT due in 2 weeks so It'll be interesting to see if the MOT tester pulls me up on the LED Bulbs...

Still enjoying the car which is the most important thing

Edge LED's.jpg

• Like 1

Brilliant car just got a 19plate st line replacing my edge sport that got written off . Main difference between the two are the St line has an 8 speed box apposed to the 6 speed in the sport . You don't see many around and they turn heads . 

• Like 1

Looks good, always liked the sport. I’ve had my titanium since January this year and done about 16,000 miles in it. Like you I still get asked what is it, not seen one before etc etc. Only had one issue which required a new gearbox (just bad luck). Considering upgrading the headlight bulbs before winter, other than that it’s great, big and comfortable. 

Agreed! love it so far.

RE the LED headlight bulbs, I've got the MOT Wednesday, and re-checked the beam pattern and still have a clean line as per the halogen. I set up a sheet on the garage door and took measurements of the beam pattern/spread with the normal bulbs, and then once again with the LED's and the lines were identical, so fingers crossed the MOT tester can use discretion.

I had my first MOT with LEDs in as I forgot to remove them. Tester didn’t notice, but then I suppose if the beam pattern is ok, there would be no reason to inspect the bulb type. 

• Like 1

Let's hope so, worst case he fails it and I have to swap bulbs for a re-test, not ideal but not terminal

Fingers crossed 

Sailed through the MOT, tester didn't bat an eyelid at the LED Bulbs. watched him check the alignment and then he moved on so all good.

service at Hendy Ford next Wednesday, probably doesn't need it, as only did 5500 miles since I bought it, but better to get a Ford pair of eyes over it using decent oil etc, then good for another 18,000 miles or 2 years apparently.

Yes it’s worth getting an interim check between services. Depending on the dealer, this can get you a years free AA breakdown cover. My Ford dealer certainly gives me this. 

• Like 1

Worth an ask I guess, we have breakdown cover already, but cant hurt I guess.

Certainly is.  My dealer gives 12 months Ford Assist (AA breakdown) with a service.  When I got my Edge, with its 2 year service intervals, I asked how I renew my 12 months cover and was told if I did Ford’s interim check at 12 months, they would give 12 months more Ford Assist cover. I now have a Kuga, which is one of 3 family owned cars, but it’s the same 18,000 miles / 2 year service intervals. 

• Like 1

It's called a 'convenience check' and they usually charge me £35 for it ... although my last one coincided with it's MOT, so got another 12month Ford Assist thrown in with the MOT! 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club