Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Removing 2013 Fiesta Titanium seats

funkyg

Hi guys.

I’m looking to remove the front seats from my Fiesta to do a proper valeting job on it as I can’t get the hoover pipe down the sides of my seats. I’m aware that the seats have airbag connectors that will need unplugging, my question is can I remove these and reconnect them afterwards without having to worry about resetting the airbag light?

I’m guessing it would be best to disconnect the battery first? I’m hoping as long as I don’t start the car with them removed it won’t realise they’ve ever been taken out.

My daughter just bought a car and the airbag light is on for this very reason and it needs to go back to be reset.

Thanks.

I have a 2010 fiesta and removed my seats, just disconnect the battery and leave for 10-20 minutes before unplugging the connector, I had no air bag light issues once I plugged them back in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fiesta1.25 said:

I have a 2010 fiesta and removed my seats, just disconnect the battery and leave for 10-20 minutes before unplugging the connector, I had no air bag light issues once I plugged them back in.

Excellent, thanks for the update. 

I too disconnected the battery, but I was hoovering under the seats and I must have unplugged the seat air bag one as the air bag lights was on the dash, I just plugged it back in with the engine off and keys removed, nothing popped 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club