Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vignale Subwoofer

hi folks,

As posted earlier, I ordered my 19 plate Fiesta Vignale this weekend.

During the test drive I just stopped to check the boot, and noticed a large black object I was later informed was the subwoofer, placed there because the car comes with the optional spare wheel in the well where the subwoofer normally resides.

Dealer told me I can either have the sub back in the well, but the tyre sat in the boot, or as is, he said he will see if the sub can still be connected while it sits in the boot if I want the tyre sat in the well.

What do you guys normally do in this situation please.

Thanks again 

CSC

Hi Charlie

Mine came with the sub in the wheel well with the useless tyre foam repair kit. Cutting a very long story short, I finally removed the speaker from the sub and put it in a sub box, which now lives in the boot. The space saver spare wheel is now in it’s proper place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wonder if the Focus sub uses the same plug as the Fiesta one?  That fits inside the spare wheel so you can have both under the carpet.

Thanks guys, I will see on Thursday what the dealer has done with my sub/wheel arrangement, and maybe I could pinch some tips on how you both got round this one.

I'm naturally interested in a neat option.

I just hope when I pick it up on Thursday the dealer hasn't tried to be ingenious and has drilled the tailgate and fitted the wheel on the back door...Daktari 4x4 style 🙂

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I wonder if the Focus sub uses the same plug as the Fiesta one?  That fits inside the spare wheel so you can have both under the carpet.

Except in the Focus whilst the sub sits on top of the spare wheel there is a moulded  foam tray that surrounds it and covers the entire boot area raising the floor height by about 3in. If had that in the Fiesta you wouldn't have much free space left.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

Except in the Focus whilst the sub sits on top of the spare wheel there is a moulded  foam tray that surrounds it and covers the entire boot area raising the floor height by about 3in. If had that in the Fiesta you wouldn't have much free space left.

Ahh right, come to think of it it was a curved tray I saw in the boot, is that the actual sub?

On the Focus the sub is a circular plastic box that sits on the wheel and has the same diameter and about 6in deep. The tray covers the entire boot floor surrounding the sub and holds the B&O power amp and has cutouts for storage.You would know what it was if you saw it.

I have noticed on the newer Titanium X the subwoofer is mounted in the sidewall of the boot allowing for a spare wheel. Does anyone know if the newer Vignale has the same side mounted subwoofer?

50 minutes ago, jsk said:

I have noticed on the newer Titanium X the subwoofer is mounted in the sidewall of the boot allowing for a spare wheel. Does anyone know if the newer Vignale has the same side mounted subwoofer?

The price list describes the Vignale features as "additional to Titanium X" so I assume so. 

Another thing I noticed on the latest list is that spare wheel is still shown as n/a on the Vignale. The reason for this originally was supposedly because of weight issues on cars with the pan roof, which was standard on the Vignale. I see the pan roof is now an option on the Vignale, so if you don't have it, why can't you have a spare? Possibly just another price list anomaly that they haven't sorted out yet.

The sub-woofer sits in a box ... in our garage. A proper spare wheel is far more important than a bit of bass oomph.

• Like 1

I can see the point of a subwoofer in the st or the stl, they'll usually be bought by young people.  But not in a Vignale.  I know I'd rather have a spare wheel.

19 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

I can see the point of a subwoofer in the st or the stl, they'll usually be bought by young people.  But not in a Vignale.  I know I'd rather have a spare wheel.

Saves the Vignale owners having to turn the hearing aids up tbf... :biggrin:

I must admit, I thought subs were a bit old hat nowadays, a decent set of door Speakers can give enough clarity now...

All a sub is going to do is amplify rattles...especially in Ford's!

Reminiscing about the good old days when I had a 12" 1000w JBL in the boot...  Those days are long gone. :sad:

Edited by TomsFocus
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

Bit of a stereotypical statement there 😅

If I had to choose one then it would be the spare wheel; but that said I also have a 10" JL Audio sub in the boot of my MK2.5 focus, I'm middle aged and appreciate good music which the sealed sub helps to re-produce 

A good sound system is great for long journeys but also that said; a spare tyre is more essential on a long journey. 

Bad design by ford if they can't fit the two in harmony to be fair. 

2 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

The price list describes the Vignale features as "additional to Titanium X" so I assume so. 

Another thing I noticed on the latest list is that spare wheel is still shown as n/a on the Vignale. The reason for this originally was supposedly because of weight issues on cars with the pan roof, which was standard on the Vignale. I see the pan roof is now an option on the Vignale, so if you don't have it, why can't you have a spare? Possibly just another price list anomaly that they haven't sorted out yet.

Thats interesting Eric, I notice yesterday the rep said the pano sunroof was optional, which surprised me

The used one I've just bought has the pano roof AND the spare wheel, I guess it IS OK to have both?

35 minutes ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

The used one I've just bought has the piano roof AND the spare wheel, I guess it IS OK to have both?

Guess so and quite a few on the forum seem to - Jan and Andy on this thread among them.😀

Yep Eric weight was the problem preventing Ford putting a spare wheel in because of the pan roof. I think I agree with Janet, rip it out and stuff it in the garage and fit a spare wheel.

My late 69 Titanium has a slot for the subwoofer in the sidewall of the boot and I would be surprised if the later Vignale didn't have the same setup. Anyone out there with a 2020 Vignale who take a look?

23 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

Unless your an old rocker mate, let's hope not an old rocker who gets a blow out :-):-)

Thats interesting Eric,
The used one I've just bought has the pano roof AND the spare wheel, I guess it IS OK to have both?

You also can’t have a towbar fitted to a Vignale with a pano roof either. Well, not by a Ford dealer, as I found out last year when I bought mine. The dealer, who I’ve known for many years couldn’t find out why either, only that when they put my VIN number into the computer to get the part numbers for the wiring loom etc, there were none listed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

On 9/7/2020 at 8:42 PM, Jollyandy said:

You also can’t have a towbar fitted to a Vignale with a pano roof either. Well, not by a Ford dealer, as I found out last year when I bought mine. The dealer, who I’ve known for many years couldn’t find out why either, only that when they put my VIN number into the computer to get the part numbers for the wiring loom etc, there were none listed.

Thanks Andy, for the heads up

Subwoofer moved from the wheel well to the off side of the boot for the 20.75 model year.

On 9/7/2020 at 8:42 PM, Jollyandy said:

Thanks Andy, for the heads up

Hi Folks 

Well..I went today to pickup my 2019 Fiesta Vignale in Magnetic Grey.

4000 miles on the clock, and I really can't believe the excellent condition, apart from 2 microscopic stone chips on the bonnet, there isn't a mark anywhere on the body, glass or wheels.

I look at it sat on my drive, and it looks brand spanking new, under the bonnet it looks like the car has never been on a road.

Just getting used to the various controls, and can't make my mind up on the seating comfort levels for a 6 foot tall guy, maybe I need to get used to it.

Noticed I was able to activate ford connect for a possible trial.

Does anyone think like me that this car could have had miles added to make it saleable as a used car without too much warranty, when in fact its a brand new one that maybe they couldn't sell, its just I really can't believe just how new it looks for 4000 miles.

I was able to go and ask the right questions when I bought this car absolutely  down to the excellent advice you all gave me a few months back, so thanks guys 👍 

I'm the first to moan about previous owners ruining cars...but I'd be amazed if anything was already damaged in under a year and just 4000 miles! :biggrin:

Having said that, I saw a 70 plate Kuga yesterday...parking along the kerb...and no I don't mean beside the kerb.  RIP week old alloy wheel. :sad:

19 hours ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

can't make my mind up on the seating comfort levels for a 6 foot tall guy, maybe I need to get used to it.

Slightly different seats on mine, part rather than full leather, but I was like that for a few months, shuffling this way and that, then all at once I stopped noticing and been fine ever since. So could just be a case of needing bedding in to your body shape.

Can't see anyone winding the mileage forward, btw! I've had a couple of cars in the past that had done about 4,000 miles when I bought them, and they were "indistinguishable from new" as the salesmen say!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club