Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 2.5 USB/AUX Armrest Retrofit

Will_L300

Hi All

I'm undertaking several projects at the moment on my mk 2 Titanium, two of which are fitting the bluetooth USB/Voice module and replacing my centre console with a 2.5 version. This new console has the USB and AUX socket in the armrest. I've read through several posts on similar things, but what is the best way of connecting them up? I have a Gen3 Sony 6 CD Mulitchange as my head unit. 

I'm pretty sure I just need a USB2 female to USB mini cable to run from the bluetooth module through to the armrest but it's the AUX i'm not sure on in terms of cables. I know the bluetooth module sends all the audio via the AUX connection at the back of the headunit so i'm pretty sure I can't just swap out the plug in the multilock plug for a standalone AUX cable? 

I know the aux on mk2 is in the glove box so you can route wires through and up. The USB can be powered with a fuse tap in passenger area fuse box and there is avaliable screws near by there to earth it. 

do you have a BT module that supports music streaming, does it have the USB socket...

early ones only did BT telephony

later ones BT music and telephony but the odd USB was for updates only (I believe)

last ones had a conventional USB C socket on the BT box and did it all

some wires

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club