jsondergaard

Fuel delivery problem (not HPFP)

Hi nicam, I've already removed the glow plug relay, and as previously mentioned I get 300-320 RPM when cranking, with fuel pressures around 25-35.000 kPa. And I've posted scans from ForScan when cranking a bit longer up in the thread.

I've just tried doing a compression test.

My results from two tests:
- cylinder one: 11/11 bar
- cylinder two: 7/5 bar
- cylinder three: 11,5/10 bar
- cylinder four: 14/14 bar

The figures aren't great, and getting some of the results were kind of difficult. Even though everything was tight, with no leaks, sometimes I couldn't get a reading. Seemed totally at random when I could or couldn't get a reading. I got the readings by removing all glow plugs, and used a compression tester with screw-on adapters for the glow plug holes. Glow plugs were also smothered in a mixture of oil and fuel. Any idea as to why is greatly appreciated, however I still think the results are correct.

Since the engine has done 220.525 miles, I'm thinking of throwing in a new engine instead of getting the current one rebuilt. Does anyone know if this is possible with only a jack with a lifting height of 467mm (so probably engine out from the top)? Everything I've seen has used a two-post lift.

Hi, would you consider trying a new cylinder head instead. A bit strange cylinder #2 is as low as that. But doesn't explain why it doesn't fire

have you  had the rocker cover off to check if there's any damaged/cracked rocker assemblies? 

With the miles it has done, I'd rather do an engine swap than a new head. However, I still need to do some digging, to see if there's any rocker damage as you mentioned. However, the compression on all cylinders seem low, right? I would expect at least 20 bar from a diesel normally