Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Have i fitted this Intake system correctly?

crickets0812

Looks okay does the bonnet shut alright? There are quite a lot of different intakes about so they all fit slightly different. Some of them face downwards and sit under the passenger headlight. 

10 minutes ago, MasterTechTip said:

Looks okay does the bonnet shut alright? There are quite a lot of different intakes about so they all fit slightly different. Some of them face downwards and sit under the passenger headlight. 

hey the bonnet shuts fine, one thing i was wondering was that i haven't taken out the lower housing for the stock air box. the induction kit came with a hose which i have plugged into one of the outputs which was connected to the top housing on the stock air box. There is another hose which connects to the enclosure where the spark plugs sit, this is connected to the lower housing for the stock air box, my question is i have seen a lot of people connecting the blue hose there? so i'm a tad confused. Does it matter that i didn't take the lower housing off? thanks.

Induction kit on a naturally aspirated car 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😂. I guess less power was the trade off for the whoosing sound?

You really need to build a heat shield around the pod filter to stop all the heat soak. At least then you'll regain the lost ponies.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

Induction kit on a naturally aspirated car 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😂. I guess less power was the trade off for the whoosing sound?

You really need to build a heat shield around the pod filter to stop all the heat soak. At least then you'll regain the lost ponies.

yep, i just wanted it to sound a bit better when accelerating to be honest, im a complete noob when it comes to modding cars, i heard this is one of the most affordable and easy ways to do it.

Most modern cars these days have a good intake as standard, with a cold air feed from the grille.  You can get more power by fitting larger pipes to this intake which is better than an open ik I'd say.

Your open ik there will be sucking in hot air so will lose power.  If you can fit a pipe to get cold air in that would help. The lower housing will help actually.

A decent panel filter is the way to go I think. But everyone has an opinion. Heat soak will result in less dense (therefore lower 02 levels) air being breathed with an open induction kit.

i have to say the kit achieves what i wanted, a better sound when i accelerate - nothing too crazy, performance feels the same really.

thanks for your comments.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club